Problem with ISPC+Roundcube+custom login name

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by chico11mbit, Feb 2, 2016.

1. chico11mbit

chico11mbit Member

Hi,
    i have a little problem with ISPC, Roundcube (install from https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/roundcube-installation-on-debian-8-jessie/ ) and different login names:

The whole installation is fine and all work properly when login in roundcube but the following issue occure:

When i log in with the emailadress as login name [email protected] the settings in roundcube for this user are the following:

Settings/Account/General
    Username: [email protected]
    Server: localhost
    Default Identity: <>

When i log in with the custom login name e.g. com_domain_user then the settings in roundcube for this user are the following:

Settings/Account/General
    Username: com_domain_user
    Server: localhost
    Default Identity: com_domain_user <com_domain_user@localhost>
    Linked email addresses: [email protected]

When the user send an email, the from field contains "com_domain_user <com_domain_user@localhost> and also this is written in the email as sender so often the emails are in the spam folder at the recipient.

Also different users are created with different settings in the round cube database, but the email-content from map is the same.

If the user does not edit the entities he must always fill the "from" field manually with his email address, when a new email is created.

my questions:
    1.) Is it possible to create the entities automatically and properly after first login for scenario 2 (Default entry [email protected])?

2.) Is it possible that the account that roundcube creates is the same for [email protected] and the custom login name?

Best regards

Chico

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

As far as I know: 1+2: no.