Problem with ISPConfig, WEB document Root

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by leeeonardo, Apr 9, 2007.

1. leeeonardo

leeeonardo New Member

Document Root: /var/www/html/

but when create a new site their folder root is /var/www/web2/, and i can put all site for FTP. if i can acces to web no find the docuemtn root for this web site, take default /var/www/html.

My server name is www.jlr-software.com and the new site is the same.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  2. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

I see "Prueba de Pagina" when accessing www.jlr-software.com.

Are you accessing your domain within your private network?
    If so, add the LAN IP and www.jlr-software.com to the hosts file of the PC that you are using.
    More info here.

3. leeeonardo

leeeonardo New Member

Yes, but this page is in /var/www/html and the correct dir is /var/www/web1/ because web1 is www.jlr-software.com. ej. if i create other site for example www.preuba.com, in ispconfig create this dir /var/www/web2, where i can put all file for this new site.

Sorry for my english, i hope that you understand me.

We can create several sites and each one of ellso would have their own portfolio to place their own one it paginates. And in this case we have that of ISPConfig / var/www/html but if I have two site web1, web2 these they follow me taking the same location / var/www/html and there I cannot put the you paginate of both, the correct thing is for web1 / var/www/web1 and it stops web2 / var/www/web2

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  4. leeeonardo

leeeonardo New Member

It is supposed that a portfolio should exist for each place web and there is a portfolio it publishes for the servant which is / var/www/html.
    Now, the site that leave creating is gone creating their portfolio it publishes in / var/www/web1, where web1 is the new place.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please make sure that you select your internal and not the external IP address for the website as edge suggested.

6. leeeonardo

leeeonardo New Member

Hi, Till, i have centOS, and put in /etc/hosts, this:
    192.168.0.6 www.jlr-software.com www

But, in ISPConfig in the site ISP Server:
    IP: 189.172.104.237 (public)

And the site www.jlr-software.com (ISP Site):
    IP: 189.172.104.237

But i have the same problem.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  7. leeeonardo

leeeonardo New Member

Ok, I change in ISP Manager, ISP Site:
    IP: 192.168.0.6

And working, but toll me that my site not see in the web:

ping www.jlr-software.com
    unresolvable host

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This means that you have a DNS problem. Please make sure that the domain is registered in DNS and points to your external IP address.

9. leeeonardo

leeeonardo New Member

I have register in dominiosviainternet.com, and administration of independent servants put dns1.jlr-software.com point to my external ip address. But in "A Record", not change the ip address because I guess ISPConfig administrator it. Is it correct??? or I need change "A Record" ???

10. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

It'S working now. DNS changes can take up to 72 hours until they propagate.