Problem with letsencrypt renewals

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Sir Henry, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Sir Henry

Sir Henry Member

I am running ISPConfig 3.1 with certbot. Some of the renewed certificates go into folders with numeric suffixes like:
    Code:
    # ls -l /etc/letsencrypt/live/no-fun.de-0002
    total 0
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 38 Jun 26 16:21 cert.pem -> ../../archive/no-fun.de-0002/cert1.pem
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 39 Jun 26 16:21 chain.pem -> ../../archive/no-fun.de-0002/chain1.pem
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 43 Jun 26 16:21 fullchain.pem -> ../../archive/no-fun.de-0002/fullchain1.pem
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 41 Jun 26 16:21 privkey.pem -> ../../archive/no-fun.de-0002/privkey1.pem

... however ISPConfig created links still point to the old directory without the suffix:
    Code:
    # ls -l /var/www/no-fun.de/ssl
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   41 Jun 26 16:54 no-fun.de-le.bundle -> /etc/letsencrypt/live/no-fun.de/chain.pem
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   40 Jun 26 16:54 no-fun.de-le.crt -> /etc/letsencrypt/live/no-fun.de/cert.pem
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   43 Jun 26 16:54 no-fun.de-le.key -> /etc/letsencrypt/live/no-fun.de/privkey.pem

Hence my certs are expired. What am I missing?

2. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

It seems you have created different certs before for the same domain, maybe either with an old version of ISPConfig or manually via Letsencrypt/certbot.
    This leads to a problem that the main domain directory of LE is taken. ISPConfig cannot deal with the -XXX suffixed directories, yet.

Solution: Delete all /etc/letsencrypt/live/no-fun.de*, /etc/letsencrypt/archive/no-fun.de* and /etc/letsencrypt/renew/no-fun.de* directories and files, then disable and re-enable the LE setting for the website in ISPConfig.

3. Sir Henry

Sir Henry Member

Yes, that worked, although in a slightly different sequence. 1. disable, 2. delete, 3. enable.

Thanks for your help! :)

ahrasis likes this.