Problem with MAC on FTP connection

Discussion in 'General' started by donaldblake, Feb 20, 2006.

1. donaldblake

donaldblake New Member

Hi,
    I have a problem with MAC (Tiger) when i try the connection at my FTP site configured with ISPConfig, it seems to be connected but when insert user and password the system is connected once on 10 in accidental way.
    The system is configured in standard way with Fedora Core 2 and when I connect myself with systems Windows and Unix all it works correctly. Someone can help me?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you get any errors in the logfiles on your server when the FTP connection fails?

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Did you try both active and passive mode?

4. donaldblake

donaldblake New Member

Control

Hi,
    I have tried in passive/active mode and the problem persists.

In the log files of the domain there are none traces of error in the logon.

Nevertheless in windows all it seems to work correctly.

What's happened??? :confused:

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Do you have a firewall on your Mac that might cause the problem?

6. donaldblake

donaldblake New Member

Firewall

Hi,
    Also I have thought that the problem can come from the firewall of the MAC, but also when the firewall is off the problem persists.

7. brent.stephens

brent.stephens New Member

I use nothing but Macs (not MAC) and I haven't had any problems with my ISPConfig-run server. I DO NOT, however, use the Finder to connect to FTP sites. Its severely limited in function. That may be your issue is.

What FTP client are you using? Here are the list of FTP clients I have tested that work fine:

Transmit (best FTP client I've ever used)
    built-in command line ftp
    ncftp
    Fetch

8. donaldblake

donaldblake New Member

ProFtpd configuration

Please, if possible, you can tell me the configuration of server ftp ProFtpd. I ask You because, when watching in the relative forum I discover that also them have problems with the Mac and I think that is probably the server ftp.