Problem with mod_rewrite and Magic SEO URLs

Discussion in 'General' started by SupuS, May 13, 2011.

1. SupuS

SupuS Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi all,

one of our customers has a problem with Magic SEO URLs installed on ZenCart. Technician from support of Magic SEO URLs has said that problem is on webhosting side but he didn't say where. He said that on server dont work elementary mod_rewrite rules but I cannot beleive that is true. I tested it on two ISPConfig servers with Ubuntu 8.04 and Ubuntu 10.04 with the same result. Always when rule for subcategory pagination:

Code:
    #index - subcategories3 - pagination
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/(([a-z0-9-]*)/){4}index-([0-9]*)\.html
    RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9-]*)-([0-9]*)/([a-z0-9-]*)-([0-9]*)/([a-z0-9-]*)-([0-9]*)/([a-z0-9-]*)-([0-9]*)/index-([0-9]*)\.html$ index.php?main_page=index&cPath=$2_$4_$6_$8&sort=20a&page=%3 [L,QSA]
    is executed page result is 404 not found error.

But rule for higher subcategory level pagination works well:

Code:
    #index - subcategories2 - pagination
    RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9-]*)-([0-9]*)/([a-z0-9-]*)-([0-9]*)/([a-z0-9-]*)-([0-9]*)/index-([0-9]*)\.html$ index.php?main_page=index&cPath=$2_$4_$6&sort=20a&page=$7 [L,QSA]
    I cannot figure out how resolve this problem.

Any idea highly appreciated.

SupuS

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Are there any errors in Apache's error log?

3. SupuS

SupuS Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi falko,

yes, there is this log message in apache error log:

Code:
    File does not exist: /var/www/webX/web/subdomain/sub-category-1, referer: http://www.domain.ltd/sub-category-1/sub-category-2/sub-category-3/sub-category-4/
    there is also a lot of errors in mod_rewrite debug log. I attached complete mod_rewrite debug log file.

Just note for the "subdomain" directory. Main domain of this page is redirected to directory "subdomain" as described in http://www.faqforge.com/linux/redirect-a-subdomain-with-apache-mod_rewrite-and-keep-the-url-in-the-address-bar/. Technician from Magic Seo URLs said it isn't problem.

Attached Files: