Problem with quota and spamassassin

Discussion in 'General' started by prates, Apr 24, 2008.

1. prates

prates New Member

Hi folks;

Today my ispconfig box give to me a frist error in 1 year.
    lets go:
    - the user has a 20 mb quota.
    - when i send one e-mail to this user, i received the error:
    The mail system

<[email protected]> (expanded from
    <[email protected]>): can't create user output file. Command
    output: postdrop: warning: uid=10006: Disk quota exceeded sendmail: fatal:
    web1_isa.queiroz(10006): queue file write error [14443] warn: bayes: write
    failed to Bayes journal
    /var/www/web1/user/web1_isa.queiroz/.spamassassin/bayes_journal (0 of
    2064)! [14443] warn: Exiting subroutine via last at
    /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/spamassassin/usr/share/perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore/DBM.pm
    line 1128. [14443] warn: Exiting subroutine via last at
    /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/spamassassin/usr/share/perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore/DBM.pm
    line 1128. [14443] warn: Exiting eval via last at
    line 1128. [14443] warn: bayes: write failed to Bayes journal
    /var/www/web1/user/web1_isa.queiroz/.spamassassin/bayes_journal (0 of
    2064)! [14443] warn: Exiting subroutine via last at
    line 1128. procmail: Quota exceeded while writing
    "/var/www/web1/user/web1_isa.queiroz/Maildir/tmp/1209046252.14440_0.neo"

- when i look the size directory user, i saw 20 MB, but the user don't have a e-mail in your box. The spamassassim directory has a 20 MB of bayes_toks files. If i have problems with this user, i will have to another users.

What a have to do? Erase this *db.bayes_toks.expired* files ?? This is normal?:confused: How is the correct procedure to resolve this?

Thanks for all.

José Carlos Prates
    Salvador - Bahia- Brazil.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I guess the best would be to increase that user's quota or to delete other (unused) files of that user. I wouldn't touch the bayes files.

3. prates

prates New Member

Hello falko;

but there are no unused files. The quota user is only used by .spanassassin directory. If i increased the user's quota, this .spanassassin files can be also increased.
    i guess the db.bayes_toks.expired files is not in use any more. I am correctly?
    Nobody (in this community)have the same problem ?

Tks again.

José Carlos Prates

4. falko

How big are the bayes files? If you sum them up, is their total size bigger than 20MB?

5. prates

prates New Member

Yes. All size quota is using by /web1_user/.spamassasin
    The bigger file is bayes_tokes and _*bayes_tokes.expired*
    I guess this is can happened to another users, i need to discover the solution fast, i can't increase all quota users.
    Nobody here has the same problem?

tks for your attention falko.
    Best regards.

Prates

6. falko

I'd move the bayes_tokes.expired file to another directory and change its owner so that you have a backup and doesn't fall into the user's quota anymore. You can delete that file later on if you are sure that the system is working ok without it.