Problem with receiving mail (Relay access denied)

Discussion in 'General' started by lano, Sep 6, 2007.

1. lano

lano Member

Here is the situation: I setup Ispconfig on Etch for my friend (four domains), and
    suddenly he was unable to send mail via smtp. I did reconfigure postfix as described here http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_debian_etch_p5 . Smtp problems was fixed, but now system wont accept any mail, returning code:

<[email protected]>: host mail.mydomain.com[89.212.76.55] said: 554 5.7.1
    <[email protected]>: Relay access denied (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Any idea how to solve the problem?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you enable SMTP authentication in your email client with the same username and password that you use for pop3?

3. lano

lano Member

The problem is with receiving mail. If I send mail from my isp mail, Ispconfig (or postfix) reject it, and I get nondeliver mail as posted before. Sending mail through that system works fine.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Is the domain (without www) listed in the file /etc/postfix/local-host-names ?

5. lano

lano Member

all domains are listed in /etc/postfix/local-host-names. There were domains with www, but even if I hash them, I cannot send mail to domains listed in host-names (same domains that are created in ispconfig).

6. lano

lano Member

Thanks to Till, I found problem. Last line in /etc/postfix/main.cf was "mydestination = hostname.mydomain.tld, localhost.mydomain.tld, localhost.localdomain, localhost"

Correct line is "mydestination = /etc/postfix/local-host-names"

David