Problem with sever settings, cannot save it

Discussion in 'General' started by cunchinko, Aug 31, 2007.

1. cunchinko

cunchinko New Member

I cannot save the server settings. The form is filled and i press the save button, but i am redirected to the server status page and the changes are not saved. In consecuence i cannot enable other ispconfig's features because there are not servers availables. The database is in perfect condition and i can save and create users, resellers, dns's regions, ... The only thing that i cannot save is the server configuration. What can i do?

Sorry for my english.

Thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you insert the mysql database dump from ISPConfig manually into the sql database?

3. Ben

Ben Active Member Moderator

Can you post the output of

tail -f /root/ispconfig/ispconfig.log

when you run this changes after typing the above code into the console of your machine.

4. cunchinko

cunchinko New Member

re:

Did you insert the mysql database dump from ISPConfig manually into the sql database?
    Yes , I did.

5. cunchinko

cunchinko New Member

ispconfig log

There are the entries that the save server setting process generate in the ispconfig.log:

31.08.2007 - 13:39:46 => INFO - Signalfile Set: update
    31.08.2007 - 13:39:57 => INFO - Signalfile Set: update

6. till

Ok, then ISPConfig is not fully installed on your server as the sql dump can not be installed manually. Please unsinstall ISPConfig by executing the command:

/root/ispconfig/uninstall

and then reinstall ISPConfig. Make sure that the database that you select for ispconfig in the installer does not exist, the ispconfig installer will create the database itself.

7. cunchinko

cunchinko New Member

Reinstall

The uninstall command does not work, It generate a mysql failure. I have install and reinstall several times the ispconfig , without can use the uninstall command. I deleted manually all the files and archive's entries of ispconfig. The database creation crash ever, the program connect with the database and logs with the root account there is not problem. Later the instalator gives some warnings and finish the procces. And i take a look of the mysql databases and there is not the ispconfib database.

Sorry for my english.

Thanks again.

8. till

If the uninstall does not work, run the commands:

rm -rf /root/ispconfig
    rm -rf /home/admispconfig

and delete the mysql database.

You selected the database name yourself, so the database must not be named ispconfig.

9. cunchinko

cunchinko New Member

Problems with installation

Thanks for your orientation. Finally the problem is a installation problem. I will post the entire and detailled problem in the installation ond configuration forum.