Problem with statistics and mailman

Discussion in 'General' started by Clouseau, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Clouseau

Clouseau Member

EDIT: fixed the problem with stats. But mailman is accessible only over IP, fqdn reponds with error 500. This started to happen after I assigned another ip to server and them assignet that ip to mydomain. Later I switched mydomain to first ip, I decidec it was better that way. And now mailman cannot be accesed over fqdn, I have to enter ip instead. Any clue?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  2. Clouseau

Clouseau Member

Should I install again ISPconfig with "php -q install.php"?

Or is this maybe the problem? Maybe I should assing mailman on seperate dedicated vhost and use it for all mailing lists, the example is in mailman.conf...
    "You can use the alias /cgi-bin/mailman for all Apache vhosts (please note that suExec and CGI must be disabled for all vhosts from which you want to access Mailman!), which means you can access the Mailman admin interface for a list at http://<vhost>/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/<listname>, and the web page for users of a mailing list can be found at http://<vhost>/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/<listname>."

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Mailman is avilable trough the hostname of the server and its IP. you cant access it easily over theweb domains as it collides with the website cgi directory then. Ading a separate vhost for it is an option that should work as well.

4. Clouseau

Clouseau Member

The weird part is that my hostname and fqdn resolves to IP1. I also have IP2 on the server. And I can access mailman only through IP2... If I enter IP1 or fqdn(which is the same as itr resolves to IP1) I have ERROR 500 - Internal Sever Error

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

and which exact error message do you get in the error.log for the 500er?

6. Clouseau

Clouseau Member

[Fri Jan 09 20:30:01 2015] [error] [client 86.122.x.x] client denied by server configuration: /var/www/

Btw if it helps, before when I entered fqdn in url: http://hostname.mydomain.tld I got default apache page - It works! And that was ok.
    But now when I enter fqdn in url, the website of mydomain opens, it is the same as I open my www.mydomain.tld
    I think this is the problem, it is redirected to my wordpress installation of www.mydomain.tld, and because of that it pops the ERROR 500 because that webiste is using suexec and cannot use cgi-bin. Can I somehow unmap that so the fqdn doesnt't redirect to www.mydomain.tld. I do not use any redirects in my website config in ispconfig. And this is my DNS zone:
    A ftp ip1 0 14400
    A hostname ip1 0 14400
    A ns1 ip1 0 14400
    A ns2 ip2 0 14400
    A mydomain.tld ip1 0 14400
    A www ip1 0 14400
    CNAME mail hostname 0 14400
    CNAME smtp hostname 0 14400
    MX mydomain.tld. mail. mydomain.tld. 10 14400
    NS mydomain.tld. ns1. mydomain.tld. 0 14400
    NS mydomain.tld. ns2. mydomain.tld. 0 14400

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  7. Clouseau

Clouseau Member

Fixed it! I have put mydomain.tld to second ip, all is good now. Because fqdn now resolves to ip1 and mywebsite is on ip2... I also changed DNS entry for A www to IP2. It didn't worked because I had this:
    <VirtualHost ip1:80>
    Servername mydomain.tld

And because fqdn resolved to IP1 and domain of fqdn is mydomain.tld which is the servername in vhost conf file, that website was provided. Right?