Problem with utf-8

Discussion in 'General' started by albertux, Mar 15, 2007.

1. albertux

albertux New Member

hi all, i have a problem with a utf-8 and iso-8859-1, what happens is that make the installation of joomla, moodle, drupal and other applications and in all the applications it appears to me the same type of error, for example if i put AddDefaultCharset UTF-8 in the file /etc/apache2/conf.d/charset, the pages of the sites are well but the administration pages are bad, if I do it the other way around, that is, i put AddDefaultCharset ISO-8859-1 in the file, the pages are bad and the administration pages are well....

really i do not know that to do ... i need help

greetings to all and thaks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

About which administration pages are you talking? The ISPConfig controlpanel uses a different webserver and can not be affected by changes in the apache2.conf file.

3. albertux

albertux New Member

the adminstration pages of joomla, drupal or moodle (and the other tools), but the problem is not directly with the ispconfig it works well, it's of the administration pages in the diferent web sites

greetings :)

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Do the admin pages and the main pages have the same character encoding in the HTML header?

5. albertux

albertux New Member

yes, in fact this using the function

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; <?php echo _ISO; ?>">

so that in theory it recognizes all charset the easy form for the diferente templates installed.

greetings again and i really need urgent aid to solve the problem, because I already have users in the system :(

6. till

Maybe you can try to set another charset just for the admin pages in a .htaccess file that you put in the admin pages directory?

7. albertux

albertux New Member

yes, thank you man this working, but whenever a site is created it will have to do the same?, does not exist some script so that different charset? automatically ... thanks to you again

8. till

Thats not a ISPConfig issue when a script /cms seems to need to different charsets in different directories and I never heard of this before. maybe you should ask in the forums or mailinglsits of your CMS if this is a known bug or what is the solution they recommend.

9. albertux

albertux New Member

yes you are right, even friends in our community, we did not find reason for this problem, but we reviewed and we thought that ispconfig uses only iso-8859-1 and cms and other applications with translations to the Spanish use utf-8 ... it can be the problem?

again I say thanks to you.

greeting

Albertux ;)

10. till

No.

ISPConfig does not use any charset for the websites it creates. Charsets are set in your apache configuration file globally and where not managed by ISPConfig at all.

Please dont mix up ISPConfigs own httpd on port 81 and the main apache webserver that serves the pages of the websites.

11. albertux

albertux New Member

ah ok you are right, the confusion born because ispconfig does not work with the same apache web server, by the same did not know where to modify charset. now I am sure thanks

greetings