Problem with WebFTP

Discussion in 'General' started by mystix, Sep 16, 2005.

1. mystix

mystix New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello,

When I'm using the Webftp in ISPConfig, I and other users on my server to, often get the error message
    'Could not connect as user webx_xy '. Sometimes in the right frame and sometimes in both frames.

I have to klick one or more times on a folder to get the view the files.

If I klick on the 'Next' link in the errormessage I have to login again.

If I'm connection to the the server with a local ftpclient there are no problem.

Are other ISPconfig users who have this problem? Is there a solution to this.

Thanks for your help

ms

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you have other problems in the ISPConfig contrpolpanel that pages are not displayed? Maybe its related to the session... :confused:

3. mystix

No, all the other stuff in ISPconfig is working like a charm. By the way, thank you for this great tool the howtos and your support.

The problem is only in WebFTP.

I've tried it on linux and win. workstations and a linux laptop with different browsers, but sometimes it works an sometimes I have to klick 3 or 4 time on a folder to see the content of the folder in the right frame.

ms

4. MyLinux

MyLinux New Member

Dear friends,
    I got the same problem with my webftp and it is so annoying,I discovered that by using user accounts,only owners of mail boxes, I will have no problem and they can upload files!! (to their home directories ,which does not seems so logical).Yet, i could not use webftp to upload stuff to my website as the user that the reseller made for me as a client.

Tq

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Yes, because the client username is only for the ISPConfig web interface; it isn't a system user, and so he cannot use ftp, smtp, ...
    Only the users you create under User & Email are system users and can use ftp, etc.
    BTW, this is all covered in the ISPConfig documentation. :rolleyes:

If you want a user to be able to upload to the web folder, then you have to make him Administrator of that web site, otherwise he can only upload to his home directory! This is also covered in the manuals.

6. MyLinux

MyLinux New Member

Tq,
    And how we can prevent hom from uploading even to his home directory?

7. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You could change the permissions of the user's homedir with the chmod command.

8. mystix

Today, I've discovered in the support forum of my provider, that there is a problem with one of there nameservers.

Now I have changed the NS IP in my resolve.conf an finally the WebFTP is working correctly.

thanks again for your help