Problem with website folder in 3.1

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by jpcyrenne, Oct 26, 2016.

1. jpcyrenne

jpcyrenne Member HowtoForge Supporter

Good day,
    I have an OpenVZ template I use to install ISPConfig (always worked on 3.0.5.4p9 for example - with Perfect Server setup).
    Presently installed the new and latest ISPConfig3.1.1 on CentOS 6.8 (template).

When I configure a new website (like usual) I get the Apache welcome page.
    If I look for the site path it doesn't exist (Sites / Web Domain / Domain tab) and Options tab?
    i.e. Document Root /var/www/clients/client1/web1

[root@host1 www]# pwd
    /var/www
    [root@host1 www]# ls -l
    total 32
    drwxr-xr-x 2 ispapps ispapps 4096 Oct 25 21:55 apps
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jul 18 11:24 cgi-bin
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Oct 25 21:44 error
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 10 18:42 html
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Oct 25 21:44 icons
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 34 Oct 25 21:57 ispconfig -> /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Oct 9 2014 manual
    drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Oct 25 21:57 php-fcgi-scripts
    drwxr-xr-x 2 webalizer root 4096 Dec 18 2014 usage

Doesn't seem to create the folders. What can I do next?

Thanks,

JP

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. jpcyrenne

- I have no entry in the co crontab? Should I worry?
    - I ran the debug for a few minutes with no logs.
    - I ran the server.sh manually and it seems to have fixed my site issue.

[root@host1 ~]# crontab -e
    no crontab for root - using an empty one
    crontab: no changes made to crontab
    [root@host1 ~]# service crond status
    crond (pid 2497) is running...
    [root@host1 ~]# /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh
    useradd: warning: the home directory already exists.
    Not copying any file from skel directory into it.
    finished.

JP

4. till

There should be the following lines in the root crontab, please add them manually:

Code:
    * * * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh 2>&1 | while read line; do echo `/bin/date` "$line" >> /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log; done
    * * * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron.sh 2>&1 | while read line; do echo `/bin/date` "$line" >> /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log; done
    Please check if the folder are there now after you run the server.sh command.

5. jpcyrenne

Thank you for the quick reply.
    It did fix my web issue when I ran it manually.
    I added the 2 lines in cron.

I'll create an email account to see if it's all good.

Thanks,

JP

6. jpcyrenne

I created an email domain, created a user and I can't connect with SquirrelMail
    ERROR - Unknown user or password incorrect.

I reset the password, no success.
    i ran the manual script /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh, no success.

[root@host1 mail]# pwd
    /var/mail
    [root@host1 mail]# ls -l
    total 0
    -rw-rw---- 1 getmail mail 0 Oct 25 21:55 getmail
    -rw-rw---- 1 ispapps mail 0 Oct 25 21:55 ispapps
    -rw-rw---- 1 ispconfig mail 0 Oct 25 21:57 ispconfig
    -rw-rw---- 1 rpc mail 0 Jun 8 2012 rpc
    -rw-rw---- 1 vmail mail 0 Oct 25 21:55 vmail
    -rw-rw---- 1 web1 mail 0 Oct 26 11:59 web1
    [root@host1 mail]# cd web1
    -bash: cd: web1: Not a directory
    [root@host1 mail]# cd vmail
    -bash: cd: vmail: Not a directory

7. till

Email mailboxes are not in /var/mail, they are in /var/vmail. The complete path of a mailbox is /var/vmail/domain.tld/user/. The username of a mailbox is the full email address incl. domain name and you have to enter this full email address incl. domain as username when you login to squirrelmail.

8. jpcyrenne

OK the account is created in /var/vmail. Was not looking in the right folder.
    I sent 2 mails from different accounts and not getting them either?
    - dig MX shows me it's the right server (IP)

[root@host1 Maildir]# ll
    total 16
    drwx------ 2 vmail vmail 4096 Oct 26 14:30 cur
    drwx------ 2 vmail vmail 4096 Oct 26 14:30 new
    -rwxr--r-- 1 vmail vmail 23 Oct 26 14:34 subscriptions
    drwx------ 2 vmail vmail 4096 Oct 26 14:30 tmp
    [root@host1 Maildir]# ls -l new/
    total 0
    [root@host1 Maildir]# ls -l cur/
    total 0

[root@host1 Maildir]# service postfix status
    master (pid 13261) is running...
    [root@host1 Maildir]# service dovecot status
    dovecot (pid 13402) is running...

If I try to send an email from shell it doesn't work :
    [root@host1 log]# tail -f maillog
    Oct 28 11:15:01 host1 dovecot: pop3-login: Disconnected (no auth attempts): rip=::1, lip=::1, secured
    Oct 28 11:15:02 host1 postfix/master[13261]: warning: process /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd pid 12869 exit status 1
    Oct 28 11:15:02 host1 postfix/master[13261]: warning: /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd: bad command startup -- throttling
    Oct 28 11:16:27 host1 sendmail[12901]: u9SFGRIm012901: from=root, size=236, class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=<[email protected]-encre.com>, relay=root@localhost
    Oct 28 11:16:27 host1 postfix/smtpd[12902]: connect from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
    Oct 28 11:16:27 host1 postfix/smtpd[12902]: warning: SASL: Connect to private/auth failed: No such file or directory
    Oct 28 11:16:27 host1 postfix/smtpd[12902]: fatal: no SASL authentication mechanisms
    Oct 28 11:16:28 host1 sendmail[12901]: u9SFGRIm012901: to=[email protected], ctladdr=root (0/0), delay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:01, mailer=relay, pri=30236, relay=[127.0.0.1] [127.0.0.1], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: Connection reset by [127.0.0.1]
    Oct 28 11:16:28 host1 postfix/master[13261]: warning: process /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd pid 12902 exit status 1
    Oct 28 11:16:28 host1 postfix/master[13261]: warning: /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd: bad command startup -- throttling

JP

9. till

The server is not installed correctly. There are packages missing. Which operating system version do you use and whcih perfect setup tutorial do you use for the installation?

10. jpcyrenne

OK. Let's drop this Post and close it.
    I had too many errors, so I re-installed my template and went with ISPConfig-3.0.5.4p9.tar. That works well.
    FYI - it's a CentOS6 Perfect setup I have as a Template (OpenVZ). I only have to yum update, get the latest ISPConfig and install it (standard). Doesn't seem to work with 3.1?

I'd like to work with Deb8 or CentOS7, bet OpenVZ is pretty crapy for that. So I run it on CentOS 6.8.
    I'll take my time and I'll reinstall one from scratch with the latest Perfect server (CenOS 6.4 I believe) documentation. I do see that 3.1 has
    many new features (DKIM, Let'sEncrypt...). Hopefully the CentOS6 tut is updated for 3.1.

I'm kinda nervous of updating my other 3.0.5's, it's pretty obvious it won't work. Would be great to have a 'migrating from 3.0.5 to 3.1 on CentOS6' !

I just needed this to work fast for a customer's deadline.

Thanks,
    JP

11. till

CentOS 6 is really old and you should switch to a newer distribution. Debian 8 works fine on OpenVZ as guest, I use it on all my servers. You can't just use Debian 8 on the host. But due to the EL of OpenVZ, it is probably not a good path for the future an OpenVZ 7 is not real OpenVZ anymore, it's just a KVM and LXC wrapper as far as I have seen.

12. jpcyrenne

Thank you for this last bit of info. I know it's out of the subject. I thought I couldn't use Debian 7 and 8 because of OpenVZ (different Kernel from node CenOS6). Definitely had issues running CentOS7 VPS on CentOS6 node (works but clunky, wouldn't use in production hostname and network issues). Wasn't worried because CentOS6 is supported until 2020.

Do you run your nodes on Debian 8 to run your VPS in Debian 8? If that does the trick, I'll switch to Debian 8 no problem. (just have to know if it's compatible with SolusVM now!? - guess it should?)

Thanks again,
    JP

13. till

Being supported means just that they patch their packages but not that you can run latest software like current CMS on these old packages. Software that is as old as the release date of the first CebtOS 6 release will work until 2020 but probably not software that has been released in 2016. ISPConfig 3.1 should run on centOS 6 but there might be additional packages needed as you see from the errors that you got and it might be that there are settings used in some default templates that the old packages of your system do not support anymore which will require custom templates then.

It is possible to run the OpenVZ Debian Kernel on Debian 8 when you switch the init system to not use systemd. But officially supported is just Debian 7 on the host, in the vm you can use Debian 8 when the host is Debian 7.