problems after create new server

Discussion in 'General' started by willoriker, Nov 29, 2022.

1. willoriker

willoriker Member

good morning to everyboy , my new system ubuntu 22.04+autoinst 3.2.9
    it work fine for 3 days ( except a small problem with phpmyadmin , another thread)
    yesterday, 22.00 hs, i transfer a website with success, i test and leave runnig, with another 15 sites.
    this morning, 06.00 i wakeup & found server down. how?. my first thought was internet service dead or hardware failure (it is a new hardware) but i use ssh for access, and , voila!, internet and hardware and SO ok! ( i was prefer this causes) .what happen?
    apache down alone at 05.00. reason? the last moved site

apache2.service - The Apache HTTP Server
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/apache2.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2022-11-29 05:30:38 UTC; 2min 19s ago
    Docs: https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/
    Process: 858 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/apachectl start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
    CPU: 47ms

Nov 29 05:30:37 mnsvr systemd[1]: Starting The Apache HTTP Server...
    Nov 29 05:30:37 mnsvr apachectl[879]: AH00548: NameVirtualHost has no effect and will be removed in the next release /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-ispconfig.vhost:7
    Nov 29 05:30:38 mnsvr apachectl[879]: AH00526: Syntax error on line 235 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/100-tienda.digiiberica.com.vhost:
    Nov 29 05:30:38 mnsvr apachectl[879]: SSLCertificateFile: file '/var/www/clients/client2/web13/ssl/tienda.digiiberica.com-le.crt' does not exist or is empty
    Nov 29 05:30:38 mnsvr apachectl[858]: Action 'start' failed.
    Nov 29 05:30:38 mnsvr apachectl[858]: The Apache error log may have more information.
    Nov 29 05:30:38 mnsvr systemd[1]: apache2.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
    Nov 29 05:30:38 mnsvr systemd[1]: apache2.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
    Nov 29 05:30:38 mnsvr systemd[1]: Failed to start The Apache HTTP Server.​

how can a web site colapse our complete server?
    w/o ideas, i edit linea 235 (y 236) de /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/100-tienda.digiiberica.com.vhost
    and i found this:
    SSLCertificateFile /var/www/clients/client2/web13/ssl/tie**************.com-le.crt
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /var/www/clients/client2/web13/ssl/tie***********.com-le.key
    i comment them ( with #) and try to restart apache, and now:

× apache2.service - The Apache HTTP Server
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/apache2.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2022-11-29 05:52:55 UTC; 5s ago
    Docs: https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/
    Process: 2855 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/apachectl start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
    CPU: 45ms

Nov 29 05:52:55 mnsvr systemd[1]: Starting The Apache HTTP Server...
    Nov 29 05:52:55 mnsvr apachectl[2858]: AH00548: NameVirtualHost has no effect and will be removed in the next release /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-ispconfig.vhost:7
    Nov 29 05:52:55 mnsvr apachectl[2855]: Action 'start' failed.
    Nov 29 05:52:55 mnsvr apachectl[2855]: The Apache error log may have more information.
    Nov 29 05:52:55 mnsvr systemd[1]: apache2.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
    Nov 29 05:52:55 mnsvr systemd[1]: apache2.service: Killing process 2859 (vlogger) with signal SIGKILL.
    Nov 29 05:52:55 mnsvr systemd[1]: apache2.service: Killing process 2859 (vlogger) with signal SIGKILL.
    Nov 29 05:52:55 mnsvr systemd[1]: apache2.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
    Nov 29 05:52:55 mnsvr systemd[1]: apache2.service: Unit process 2859 (vlogger) remains running after unit stopped.
    Nov 29 05:52:55 mnsvr systemd[1]: Failed to start The Apache HTTP Server.

i dont know what i can do, i don understand how a virtual site can colapse a complete web server
    please i need help
    how can i disable this site ?. or disable the LE cert for re-certificate?
    tx in advance

2. willoriker

willoriker Member

please help , my server si down!!!!!!!

3. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You can recreate the SSL Certificate in the Webinterface, just disable SSL for the site and enable it again. It should recreate the certificate as it is missing. You may have to delete the certificate from /root/.acme.sh/.
    You can remove the site within ISPConfig or disable it via commandline with "a2dissite nameofthesite.tld".

4. willoriker

willoriker Member

if i disable web site , can i restart apache for handling the problem from ispconfig?
    when i use , this is the result
    root@mnsvr:~# a2dissite tien***********.com
    ERROR: Site tien**********.com does not exist!​
    wrog syntax?

5. pyte

most likly the name is not correct as it says. Have a look into /etc/apache2/sites-available for the correct name

6. willoriker

willoriker Member

i try to disbale before, but if i cant, can i delete tien***.com cert form /root/.acme.sh/ w/o fear?
    tx for help me

7. pyte

It should be in the folder /root/.acme.sh/tien**********.com/ you can just move the folder away from there and recreate the cert.
    Just move it to /root/ and try i guess. "mv /root/.acme.sh/tien**********.com/ /root/"

8. willoriker

willoriker Member

i check /etc/apache2/sites-available and use TAB for copy file name after a2dissite, no difference. in theis folder, all domain include la extention .vhost, i tired w and w/o it, no difference!

9. willoriker

willoriker Member

tx a lot, i trie your idea ( remove cert) and i could start apache, for recreate cert, now is ok, tx again
    but i like to know, how one isolated problem in a specific website can colapse the web server

10. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's normal and not ISPConfig-related in any way. Apache will not start when SSL certs are missing. ISPConfig prevents this from happening as long as certs are managed by ispconfig only and as long as you did not disable config tests in ISPConfig. This cert must have been removed manually on the shell so ISPConfig was not aware of it, you just did not notice it right away as you or another admin of your server did not restart apache at the time you deleted the cert file.

That's really easy, simply delete the vhost file of that sites in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ folder and restart apache.

pyte likes this.
  11. willoriker

willoriker Member