Problems after running setup...

Discussion in 'General' started by sthompson, Jul 2, 2006.

1. sthompson

sthompson New Member

Hello all,

I have several questions about the installation of ISPCOnfig on SuSe Linux 10.0 retail.

After what appeared to be a clean install, I now have lost all of my schemas in the MySQL Database and I also vannot receive email using Evolution. Everything looked fine prior to running ./setup from the /tmp directory.

I have search High and Low looking for other that have the same ptoblems with my version of Linux (10.0) to no avail.

Additionally, if I try to access to phpMyAdmin, I get an error message that says:

"Access forbidden! You don't have permission to access the requested directory. There is either no index document or the directory is read-protected.
    If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
    Error 403"

Did running ./setup scew all of this up? I folowed the instructions to the T using the following URL http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_suse_10.0

If anyone could help me out by pointing me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Also too, I don't have mu money but if some on can log into my system and get this thing going, I'll send you an HP iPAQ Pocket PC. I no longer using it and it's in perfect condiion. :)

Thanks,

Steve

Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The changes you described are made by the tutorial and not ISPConfig. You followed a server tutorial.

1) PHPMyAdmin:

Your old phpmyadmin package was disabled. There is a phpmyadmin package for ISPConfig on the ISPConfig downloads page, install this package and you will be able to access phpmyadmin throgh the link in the ISPConfig tools menu.

2) Your mailsetup.

You configured your server as "real" mailserver and not as local mailserver, normally you dont run evolution on a mailserver.

To get email workin, you must create your email accounts in ISPConfig and access them with IMAP or POP3.

3. sthompson

sthompson New Member

I understand, however after installing ISPConfig then my MySQL database lost it's schemas (mysq and test). So now when I try to access the MySQL database, either thru phpMydmin or the SQL Manager, I have to login using a blank password when using the SQL Manager but phpMyAdmin Gives an error. "Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested directory. There is either no index document or the directory is read-protected.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
    Error 403"

This only happend AFTER I setup ISPConfig. I cannot access ISPConfig from a browser either. Do you know of any relevant FAQ's for this problem? Or someone who might like a nice gift to set it up for me?

I really need to get this thing going but I'm limited on funds right now.

Thanks,

Steve

4. sthompson

sthompson New Member

One more thing, are you suggesting that I setup pop3 and postfix on my personal workstation as opposed to a server that covers the entire network?

If so, that doesn't sound right to me. Can you explain?:confused:

Thanks,

Steve

5. till

ISPConfig does not change database schemas nor changes the mysql password.

Is this your phpmyadmin? Then please have a look at my post above.

As you can not login to ISPConfig, please post the output of:

netstat -tap

6. till

I did not sys you shell setup anything opposed to a server.

I told you that ISPConfig IS for servers and not for workstations and when you want to use ISPConfig you must setup your email accounts like they where created on a server and accessed with POP3 or IMAP.