Problems after upgrade 2.2.18 to 2.2.25

Discussion in 'General' started by soho, Sep 25, 2008.

1. soho

soho Member

Hi All,

After upgrading ISPconfig-2.2.18 to ISPconfig-2.2.25, when I erase an e-mail account and then choose Empty Trash, it takes too long. Log in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/ispconfig.log shows for all registered users and it takes too long:

25.09.2008 - 17:53:59 => INFO - /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.lib.php, Line 909: setquota -u hdv1.victorm 204800 205824 0 0 -a &> /dev/null
    25.09.2008 - 17:53:59 => INFO - /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.lib.php, Line 910: setquota -T -u hdv1.victorm 604800 604800 -a &> /dev/null
    25.09.2008 - 17:53:59 => INFO - /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/classes/ispconfig_procmail.lib.php, Line 60: cp -f /root/ispconfig/isp/conf/forward.master /var/www/web1/user/hdv1.victorm/.forward

Previously, in version 2.2.18 it took no more than 1 minute for the 800 users (mailboxes) that have registered, now takes about 10 to 15 minutes.

Anything I can do?

best regards,

2. soho

soho Member

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If all users are in one website, ISPConfig will update them all. That is the way ISPConfig worked already before 2.2.18. If it tooks longer now on your system, this is most likel yrelated to a higher load on your server.

4. soho

soho Member

Thanks Till,

I will review all the configurations of the server and attempt to discover the cause of this slow.

I'm using Ubuntu as how to http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-ubuntu8.04-lts. It would have some recommendation on the settings than those reported in how to?

5. soho

soho Member

Till,

I changed the value of /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php
    $go_info["server"]["apache2_php"] = 'addtype'.

It makes a difference in performance?

6. soho

soho Member

I had never seen this feature before, but for example, if I delete 5 mailboxes, the system will run 5 times the upgrade? Once for each mailbox?

7. soho

soho Member

I optimize all services of the server but still I think the processing of /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.lib.php and /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/classes/ispconfig_procmail.lib.php when change a password of mailbox or when delete a mailbox too slow. Now it takes between 3 and 4 minutes for 857 mailboxes in the domain.

I could set the ISPConfig to handle only the account / mailbox that I am changing / deleting?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  8. soho

soho Member

Someone with this problem? I need a help, please.

9. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you write new scripts for the user ,management for ISPConfig, then yes. Otherwise no.

Or you use ISPConfig 3 which process accounts one by one.

10. soho

soho Member

I do not write PHP... :(

I believe that the choice now is to change ISPConfig 3. I will install and perform some tests. If working, I change my environment.

Thanks Till.