Problems while installing

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Quaxth, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

I was starting a new installation today because of an Apache2 error in the first one.

This time I got 2 error's, 1 in JailKit Installation and again the 2. in Apache2 after starting to install and configure Squirrelmail.

I opened an thread in the Installation/Configuration Forum here: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=63304

I really need help with it.

Thanks.

2. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

I solved all problems (JailKit and Apache2 reload jailure) and get a new one:
    been in /tmp/ and try to start the download from ISPConfig3 with command:
    Code:
    wget http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3-stable.tar.gz
    I get error: Resolving www.ispconfig.org (www.ispconfig.org)... failed: No address associated with hostname

I ping from debian server root: ping ispconfig.org, no problem get response: ttl=240 ms (239-244 ms) which says to me that the server is successfully connected to the Internet.

I try several times (10 x) and can not do it! What's the problem and how to solve?

Thanks a lot.

3. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

OK, I may solved the problem, downloading now.

Still the URL address ispconfig.org would not work. Instead I used the IP 144.76.136.125/downloads/ISPConfig-3-stable.tar.gz which finally worked, very slow download!!

Will stop here now for today, it's 23:00 and bedtime, need to work in the morning.

Thanks.

4. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

Will do a new installation

After having ISPConfig 3 installed, I could not open the Configuration Page with port 8080.

May I'd done somewhere some wrong input and therefore decided to do a complete new installation of Debian and ISPConfig 3 again.

This time I'll use PuTTY for to do the install on Debian because it gives me the ability for to do some required screen shots of those pages with important infos and/or Errors.

Thanks.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats a good chice.

First, Debia is the distributions were ispconfig is developed on, so its the most stable and most tested distribution. Using putty Is a good idea too as you can now simply copy / paset the commands, this will ensure that you dont have any typos in the commands. The perfect setup guides are made to copy the commands, the only thing that oyu have to change are commands that contain the hostname of the server or the IP address, in these caseses, you nter your own IP address and own hostname instead of the hostname and Ip used in the tutorial.