Problems with Amarok

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by jsdieorksw, May 14, 2008.

1. jsdieorksw

jsdieorksw New Member

I put Amarok onto my ubuntu 7.10 OS on my laptop. Amarok seems to work fine until I try to move music from my ipod onto my computer. I followed the howto until i get to page 3. I dragged my music from my device (ipod) to the right window and then clicked on collection on the left like it says and then try to drag the music back over to the left into the collection tab but i continue to get an error: "You need to configure at least one folder for you collection for organizing your files". I've been trying to do this by clicking on the configure folders button at the top but still get the error. Any advice anyone? another problem i seem to be having is that when i drag my music the first time it somehow makes like 2 or 3 o r4 copies of some songs, is there a reason why this is happening too? any advice at all would be greatly appreciated!

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I think the best to set up the folders for the collection would be to insert a music CD and let Amarok import it - it should then create the needed folders automatically.