Problems with Apache and Updating

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Jubalint, May 20, 2006.

1. Jubalint

Jubalint New Member

Hi, could use a little help. I'm pretty new at all this server stuff so bear with me please.

I installed ISPConfig 2.2.2 on my Debian 3.1 box. Worked great, only thing that was unusual about the setup is I use a remote dns (afraid.org if your wondering), but my sites and such were fine. Logged into ISPConfig and set up my sites and such no problem. No problems for about two weeks. However, recently my websites stopped working. Checking my serv it turns out Apache hadn't turned on. I attempted to manually start it, but no luck. I don't get any errors, but it just doesn't start up. Anyway, I decided maybe if I upgraded to the new dev version (serv just hosts some personal sites, nothing mission critical) it might hopefully just overright whatever messed up setting there is. Unfortunetly, the setup stopped at the configuring extentions part. Here's that portion, I'm pasting the whole part for completeness sake.
    So I'm guessing something's wrong with my PHP setup, and I'm wondering what I should go about fixing it with. I don't have any weird setup on my system and am wondering if I just fully remove and re-install PHP if that would maybe be enough? Or maybe uninstall and reinstall ISPConfig? Thanks for your time.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The dev version has other system requirements then the 2.2.2 version. This is the reason why we do not recommend upgrades from 2.2.2 to 2.3.1-dev at the momemnt.

To install ISPConfig 2.3.1-dev, you must have the libxml2-dev package from your linux distribution installed.

Please check if you have files like this in your /tmp folder:

home_admispconfig_05_19_2006__13_17_20.tar.gz
    root_ispconfig_05_19_2006__13_17_20.tar.gz

The names may vary depending on the date and time you run the ISPCOnfig installers. Copy these files to / and unpack them. This will restore your old ISPConfig installation. Then install libxml2-dev from your linux distribution and run the setup of ISPConfig-2.3.1-dev again.

3. Jubalint

Jubalint New Member

Alright, thanks for the help. Got it working :D.