Problems with conf-custom

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by rodti, Mar 26, 2014.

1. rodti

rodti Member

Hey there,

I've created custom error and index files and placed them in /usr/local/ispconfig/conf-custom/error/en and /usr/local/ispconfig/conf-custom/index respectively. They are owned by ispconfig:ispconfig and set with 750 perms.

I've also unticked the 'Own error documents' option in a number of sites for customers I'd like to use the new custom defaults.

Unfortunately a test 404 on any of these sites produces the standard Apache 404. Neither the custom nor the default error files are being used.

I've checked in sites-available and there are only ErrorDocument entries in ghost files for sites that still have 'Own error documents' checked, as expected.

Very odd behaviour, as even if the custom error pages weren't used I'd expect the default ISPconfig ones to work from /usr/ispconfig/server/conf.

I'm stumped! Any ideas?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is a misunderstanding about the conf and conf-custom folder. Files in conf and conf-custom are used as templates when you create new items like a website. So your changed files get used when you create a new website and not to any existing websites.

3. rodti

rodti Member

Gotcha, thanks Till.

I suppose that makes sense that when creating and populating the /error subfolder for a website that ISPConfig looks for a conf-custom file to use and failing that falls back to the standard conf files.

The way I'd interpreted the Own Error Document functionality was that if enabled when creating a site it would create and populate the /error folder for that site, and if disabled it would use a default error message (although ISPConfig's rather than Apache's).