Problems with default log in after installation

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by MacTire, Feb 18, 2015.

1. MacTire

MacTire New Member

I'm having problems logging in straight after a fresh installation. The guide I followed was this for Ubuntu 14.04

https://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-...2-php-mysql-pureftpd-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3

I get the ISP landing page correctly but for some reason the default username admin and password admin isn't working for me correctly.

Error
    Username or Password empty.

Doing a bit of a search this seems to be a problem with a php configuration referencing the SQL db but I can't narrow it down. Anyone experienced this before? Any ideas on where to go looking in the config to try resolve this?

I used the verfication script at the end of the tutorial to verify the install and it did throw back saying php-auth and php-pear weren't there but I checked and they are.
    <code>
    You missed to install these packages
    php-auth
    php-pear
    You need to install these packages. To install these packages you need to run the command apt-get install package_name
    You can cross check the particular installation as follows:
    dpkg -l | grep package_name | cut -d ' ' -f3
    root@myserver:~$ dpkg -l | grep php-auth | cut -d ' ' -f3
    php-auth
    php-auth-sasl
    root@myserver:~$ dpkg -l | grep php-pear | cut -d ' ' -f3
    php-pear
    </code>

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

PLease check the file /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/config.inc.php. Does the mysql server hostname is "localhost"?

3. MacTire

MacTire New Member

I'm not using a local MySQL server for the DB but a central MySQL server. The file does contain the MySQL server information though
    $conf['db_type'] = 'mysql';
    $conf['db_host'] = 'mysql.domain.com';
    $conf['db_database'] = 'dbispconfig';
    $conf['db_user'] = 'ispconfig';
    $conf['db_password'] = '****************';
    $conf['db_charset'] = 'utf8'; // same charset as html-charset - (HTML --> MYSQL: "utf-8" --> "utf8", "iso-8859-1" --> "latin1")
    $conf['db_new_link'] = false;
    $conf['db_client_flags'] = 0;

define('DB_TYPE',$conf['db_type']);
    define('DB_HOST',$conf['db_host']);
    define('DB_DATABASE',$conf['db_database']);
    define('DB_USER',$conf['db_user']);
    define('DB_PASSWORD',$conf['db_password']);
    define('DB_CHARSET',$conf['db_charset']);

4. MacTire

MacTire New Member

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig uses mysql as fast config cache, thats why it should be installed on each host as ispconfig takes care on replicating mysql data between the nodes in a multiserver system automatically. A installation with an external database server is possible when you twek some settings manually, but is neither tested nor supported.

6. MacTire

MacTire New Member

Ok that's fair enough. I was trying to avail of our already in place backup system for MySQL and reduce the load on the VM where ISPConfig is running. I will re-install using a local MySQL server and might switch to the Nginx configuration

Thanks for the reply