Problems with domain and host name ispconfig 2.1.1

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by grantdutoit, Apr 5, 2006.

1. grantdutoit

grantdutoit New Member

i am trying your out of the box ISPconfig installation on FC4 as a server. So far i have got the server setup and is purring like a happy cat - at least i think it is.

my problem comes when i install ISPconfig. it goes through the procedures quite well until it asks for:

* mysql server: localhost - per your example. should i change it? where do i get the info from?

* mysql user: root

* mysql password: rootpassword

* ISPconfig database: ispconfigdb - per your example

* ISPconfig ip address: 127.0.0.1 - as it is localhost. can i change this? do i have to setup another ip address for this? if so how?

* host name: here is a part of my problem - when i set up fc4 i set the host name as ak.travel.co.za. do i insert that here?

* domain: more of my problems. what do i put in here? where do i get the info?

* ISPconfig protocol: can't get here yet - if anything goes wrong here i will be in contact.

if you can help- me on this i would be very happy.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Use another IP address that is not from the 127.* network. Setting up an IP address is described in the perfect setup howtos for several linux distributions.

In your case:

hostname: ak
    domain: travel.co.za

Make sure that ak.travel.co.za can be reached with a ping request from your server.

3. grantdutoit

grantdutoit New Member

Problems with login pages ispconfig 2.1.1

thanks for the help with the domain and host names. got it right, but it continues to provide me with challenges. i can now go to http://ak.travel.co.za:81/. only problem is it says this:

Warning: main(login/lib/lang/.lng) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/login.php on line 31

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'login/lib/lang/.lng' (include_path='.:/root/ispconfig/php/lib/php') in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/login.php on line 31

so i edited the code and pointed it directly to the source. your code was:

session_start();
    include("../lib/config.inc.php");
    require_once("login/lib/lang/".$go_info["server"]["lang"].".lng");
    $err = intval($_GET["err"]);
    ?>

edited code below:

session_start();
    include("../lib/config.inc.php");
    //require_once("login/lib/lang/".$go_info["server"]["lang"].".lng");
    require_once("login/lib/lang/en.lng"); (- inserted by myself)
    $err = intval($_GET["err"]);

this is maybe a solution in a way but if i need to make changes in language later this is a problem. so that needs to be repaired. now i went on using my little patch. i entered my username and password and got this:

Warning: main(ispconfig_db_.lib.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/login/login.php on line 32

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'ispconfig_db_.lib.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/root/ispconfig/php/lib/php') in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/login/login.php on line 32

Fatal error: Class 'db_' not found in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/login/login.php on line 34

please advise me as to what i should do. thanks a stack.

4. till

Dont edit any code from ISPConfig, it is not nescessary at all and will make things only worse!

Have you copied or moved anything manually from the installer tar.gz file to the /home/admispconfig directory? Did you get any errors during installation?

The only clean solution is to run:

/root/ispconfig/uninstall

and then install ISPConfig again.

5. grantdutoit

grantdutoit New Member

Did not copy or move anything from any where unless your instructions said to do it! Also got MySQL errors!

it won't uninstall. Error message: Could not connect to MySQL server. any advice now?

am going to download ISPconfig 2.2 and try again.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  6. till

Execute these commands:

rm -rf /home/admispconfig
    rm -rf /root/ispconfig

If there is a directory /var/lib/mysql/dbispconfig , remove this directory too.

7. grantdutoit

grantdutoit New Member

i think a part of the problem may have been that my folder was called db_ispconfig?

would that matter?

8. till

No. You can chose the database name yourself, as long as you use only chars and the underscore.

9. grantdutoit

grantdutoit New Member

thanks a stack. uninstalled ispconfig 2.1.1 downloaded ispconfig 2.2. unpacked, installed and configured. so far so good. much thanks again.