Problems with email quota.

Discussion in 'General' started by damir, Mar 25, 2010.

1. damir

damir New Member

Hi all,

I have a problem with email quota. I have set global mail quota in template to 1000mb.

Now when i create a mailbox with unlimited quota set to 0, because i want all three users to have unlimited quota. Reason is simply that i want to allow users to use as much space as they need, as long as they stay inside 1000mb limit.

But the problem is when i set 0 in quota field i get following message:

The max space for mailboxes is reached. The max. available space in MB is: 1000

Im using ISPConfig 3 multiserver installation on Debian Lenny 5.0.4

2. Germanius

Germanius Member

I think its the normal behaviour. It is the same as website quota. If you set user website quota to 1000mb the user cant create websites with unlimited quota. He always has to set a quota e.g. 200mb, but unlimited is not possible.
    Same as Email quota.

3. damir

damir New Member

Hi,

Thanx for the reply.

Ok, so it can't be done if you set global email quota, all users must have som value added to quota field?

I tried to set in template global email quota to 0 as in unlimited, now when i try to create mailbox with unlimited quota following occurs:

The max space for mailboxes is reached. The max. available space in MB is: 0

4. bajodel

bajodel Member

damir.. try to login as admin and set '-1' to specific mail quota.
    If i remember well a till advice, admin can override client limit.

Bye..

bajodel

5. damir

damir New Member

Many Thanx :D

That works, i can set 0 as admin, ahhh how could i have not tried that. :eek:

So every time a clients needs unlimited only admin can set than? Somehow it does make sense :)

6. bajodel

bajodel Member

If a client has unlimited need .. his reseller (or admin) should set unlimited resources to him, but if limits are there (for any reason) and there is a (temporary) specific unlimited need, admin can override.

I think it's a nice behaviour.

Bye..

bajodel