Problems with paypal gateway [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by Curtis Maurand, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Hello,
    I'm having a problem with the payment gateway buttons in that they are not getting rendered and the link doesn't work. I also can't see where to upload a logo, but that's minor. I followed the advice of moving the control panel from port 8080 (I had it on 8888), to 443 and gave it a name: cp.xyonet.com.
    That bit is working. The payments page is accessible as is the ipn.php.

I copied the code generated and accessed it from https://xyonet.com/paypaltest.html and everything rendered properly. I clicked the button and I was directed to paypal but got an error: "Things don't appear to be working at the moment." Now it's entire possible (probable) that something is misconfigured on the paypal end, but that shouldn't keep the buttons or the form from rendering.

Any ideas? What do you need to see from me?
    Thanks in advance,
    Curtis

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The problem is most likely the browser here, latest ispconfig versions have stricter security header settings which probably prevent that the browser shows the Paypal buttons, which are loaded directly from Paypal website. as a workaround, you can e.f. download the Paypal button graphics to your local server and then alter the file /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/billing/templates/payments_pay.htm to use the locally stored graphics.

3. OK, that works, Now I have decent looking invoice with buttons and a logo. Now the bit about "Things don't seem to be working at the moment." error when I click on the button.