Proftp issue

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by willebanks, Aug 11, 2006.

1. willebanks

willebanks New Member

Howdy all,

Firstly I'd like to say thanks to Falko and everyone else that puts in thier time here! I have my ISPConfig server up and running and all is well! I couldn't have done this without the website and all the people here! I have 2 out of the 4 websites up and running...email is working...and the number of attacks from China seem to be dwindling! YEA!

I do have a small question (of Course)! When I try to log on via ftp (I'm using a Proftp server) I can connect but that is all...I can see that I have a connection but no further prompts or username queries or anything else happens and after 30 seconds or so I'm disconnected!
    This is probably a good thing as having ftp access would most likely gather more flies if you get my drift and now that everything is working as it should I am paranoid that someone will get in and crash or mess up everything!

Yet it would be nice to be able to connect offsite and do a little work away from my home office!

Any ideas or suggestions?

Will Banks

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Sounds like a firewall or router issue.
    Did you try both active and passive transfers in your FTP client?

What's the output of
    Code:
    netstat -tap
    ? Which distribution do you use?

3. willebanks

willebanks New Member

Sorry all that I am comming back so late...vacation went longer than expected! YEA!

Anyway is was a router problem as I can access ftp from the server address...192.168.2.100 with no problems! Since I am constantly being attacked from China and locally I am a little worried about allowing outside access to ftp even if it is secured.

Thanks again to everyone!

Will Banks