proftp uploads

Discussion in 'General' started by cruz, May 11, 2007.

1. cruz

cruz New Member

I am trying to upload the php script for the web site I am setting up. It has 620 files and 51 folders. Is there a way to upload folders and the contences of them? It only lets me upload one file at a time. I will be gray hared before I get all these files uploaded. I tryed using ws_frp pro, but when I sent the file, the speed slowed down to .06. I have no trouble sending tar files. I tried to enter c:/filename in proftp and all I got is the folder (empty). Please help. I have been trying to figure this out, but I am finished trying. I don't know what to do except upload one file at a time. errrr:mad: Thanks for all your help.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You may upload files and directories with any FTP client. The WebFTP is not meant as a full replacement for a FTP client on your workstation or to upload complete websites.

There is no path C:/filename on a linux server.

3. cruz

cruz New Member

Laptop upload

I am uploading from my laptop (Windows xp pro)to the server. Is that ok? What program do you recomend I use? Why will it not allow me to upload the whole folders and subfiles in the program on the server?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Yes, that's ok.

An FTP client such as WS_FTP, SmartFTP, or FileZilla.