ProFTPD Permission problems

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by phamels, Aug 28, 2005.

1. phamels

phamels Member

Hi,

After some time I succeeded the very easy installation of ISPConcfig on a Fedora core 4 box.
    All seems to be running well except for one thing, ProFTPD
    I can login ok without even having to change the /etc/pam.d/ftp file.
    The problem seems to occur when I try to login to the with the site administrator user. I can't write to any folder. When I login with a regular user tough, I don't seem to be having any problem uploading files.

What could be causing this?
    I tried changing the ownership of the home dir to the correct user with no luck...

Help me plz :D

2. ablc

ablc New Member

what are the rights of this directory ?
    (ls -r)

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

When you login as Administrator, can you upload files into the "web" folder?

4. phamels

phamels Member

No, when I login as site administrator i can't upload anything.
    Only when I login as a regular user I can start uploading in the users web directory.

5. phamels

phamels Member

I created another user with administrator rights on the first hosting account I configured. This users seems to be able to upload, delete, ... files right.
    Whenever I create an administrator user on any other account, the user isn't able to anything on the ftp server except login and browse the dirs. I don't even see the default index.html file when I login.

Please help,
    thx

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Are you shure you checked the "administrator" checkbox for the admins of the other accounts? You can have only one admin user per website!

7. phamels

phamels Member

seem to have found the problem, dunno what was causing it but whatever, it doens't do it any longer :)

it seems like the created home folders were given the wrong user permissions, it's owner was always apache. I stopped all processes and started them again and voila :) it was fixed :)

thx for the help