Promote Slave to Master in Cluster

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by toyinal, Jul 6, 2016.

1. toyinal

toyinal Member

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The MySQL server on the slave contains the master and the slave database (dbispconfig1 = master, dbispconfig2 = slave). I would recommend to restore the master instead of making the slave the master, or do you want to use it as single server system in futire?

3. toyinal

toyinal Member

I will like to maintain cluster of Mirrored Server. Thanks

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Then I would recommend to rebuild the master instead of making the slave the master. First, you have to install all software again on it, except of ispconfig 3. Then rebuild the master/master replication so that all databases exist again on both servers. Then rebuild the unison or glusterfs data sync of /var/www and /var/vmail, restore the web users and client groups plus ispconfig, vmail and ispapps user/group from passwd, shadow, group and gshadow file. Then copy back /usr/local/ispconfig from slave to master and replace the server config.inc.php file with the one from interface. finally a ispconfig update with reconfigure services should be run on the new master.

This whole process is a bit complicated, maybe you should consider to contact Florian who does the ispconfig support by remote login. His username here in the forum is @florian030 .