Proper configuration to make my local server work like a web server (all the toys included)

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ajfmo, May 22, 2017.

1. ajfmo

ajfmo New Member

I want to install in a Ubuntu Xenial Xerus Server under VMWare, all the packages that use a hosting web server or migth use (Apache+MySQL+phpmyadmin(protected by htaccess)+Webmin+ispConfig+Postfix+dovecot+Roundcube) and access to all of it trougth a noip ddns address
    So far I've manage to install the easy part, noip autostart, apache, mysql, phpmyadmin, webmin :). ispConfig (in another instance of vmware), Postfix and dovecot are installed and aparently working but still don't know how to test them using my ddns addresso_O, and roundcube is installed too, aparently fine but I don't know how to log in:confused:, besides the configuration was a hard cause I had to manually set up the database connection in de conf files.

I'm doing all this on my own just for learning purposes, to practice, to improve my knowledge, I love to learn and I'ld like to make this work properly.

I have troubles understanding about virual server on apache, host and hostname and how to make them work with my noip, MX records to make noip works with mail.

I've red a lot, believe me, a lot, but I feel that is about virtual server and hostname and mx records configuration...
    You can access to any of my 3 instances if you want to or guide me, please I beg you. :(

Thank you very much in advance.
    Adrian
    Venezuela