Protected folder requiring login 2 or more times

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by babydunk, Sep 6, 2016.

1. babydunk

babydunk Member

Hello

i am having this problem with some protected folders not all . were to get passed security. the username and password needs to be entered 2 times if not more in some cases.

i have searched the forum and google an couldn't come up with an answer.

the folder is protect the usual way, from the sites module. i have had this problem with the Current version: 3.0.5.4p9. also having the same problem with the rc1.

is anyone else having this problem . from what i can see on the forum it doesn't look to be .

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I did not had that problem yet. ISPConfig just writes the .htaccess file and .htpasswd file, it is not involved in the authentication process. Which errors do you get in the error.log of the website. Another possibility is that you have 2 .htaccess files in the site or that the software installed in this directory opens another authentication window.

3. babydunk

babydunk Member

Hi Till thanks for your reply

i just check through all that you listed,
    i dont get any errors,
    i only have one .htpasswd and .htaccess files on the effected sites. although on one of the clients wp-admin their is a .htpasswd file but no .htaccess
    your last comment on the software installed. do you mean as in the clients site were they have wordpress installed? if so there is no popup authentication windows just the ones presented with the protected folder.

4. till

Did you try to use a different web browser?

5. babydunk

babydunk Member

yes i have tried firefox, chrome, iexplorer and they all have the same behaviour

6. babydunk

babydunk Member

The problem was the link for the login page was saved as www.domain.com but the site url was domain.com . with the redirect it caused a second Basic auth login request.

something so simple lol

thanks for your help Till ;)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  7. till

Thank you for posting the solution! :)

babydunk likes this.