protected stats directory and apache2.4 require rules

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by micp, Oct 14, 2019.

1. micp

micp New Member

Hello,
    Creating a new website gives this kind of configuration :
    <VirtualHost *:80>
    DocumentRoot /var/.../web
    <Directory /var/.../web>
    AllowOverride All
    Require all granted
    </Directory>
    </VirtualHost>

When adding statistics to the website, this configuration prevents the access to www.mysite.tld/stats/.
    I only get access to the stats directory with http password request when removing the "Require all granted" directive
    OR
    by removing the "Require valid-user" in the htaccess file but then the stats folder remains unprotected.

Can you help on this?
    Do I have to add some Apache Directives in the admin panel to override or merge the "Require all granted" directive?

Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You have to enter a password for the stats on the stats tab of the website, the username is always 'admin' The vhost itself is fine and does not need to be changed. And be aware that starts are generated nightly, so you have to wait 24h until you can access them the first time.

3. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

4. micp

micp New Member

Thank you Till, Taleman for your answer.
    - ISPConfig Version: 3.1.15p1
    - Debian GNU/Linux 9.11 (stretch)
    This is a fresh multiserver setup based on the perfect installation.
    The webserver is installed with a multi php version setup.

Sure I did enter a password for the stats.
    In console, I made a battery of tests and the http password request is only shown if I comment the "Require all granted" directive.
    Can't find a solution at this time and I don't want to change the automatism of ISP.
    I've tried to add a <Directory /var/.../web/stats> and play with that specific rules for stats but no way.

@Taleman, as I say, I'm trying to let all ISPConfig normal setup. No personnal adjustments.
    To be clear, I tried on 2 clients websites. One with WP and an other with PrestaShop.
    Same result.
    Michel

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ok, I'll do a test setup and check it here again.