Proxmox Mail Gateway as trusted relay

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by recin, Oct 2, 2020.

1. recin

recin Active Member

I have Ubuntu 18.04 with ispconfig 3.1.15p2
    I'm trying Proxmox Mail Gateway (PMG) on a separate server in order to filter incoming mail to ispconfig.
    My problem is all mails come with SPF softfail, because origin server is PMG and it's not included in SPF records of domains senders.
    I asked on PMG forums and they told me I must add PMG server as trusted relay in mail server.
    I coudn't find how to achieve this. Does anybody knows how to do this?
    Thanks in advance

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. atle

atle Member HowtoForge Supporter

I am interested in this question as well. I have not yet used our PMG mail servers for ISPConfig accounts, but I will do that further on. I believe the point here is that the Postfix mta on the ISPConfig mail server should whitelist the pmg mail servers, since all mails will arrive from these. That is, whitelist on mta level (no RBL, SPF, DKIM, DMARC checks), not SA, and not filter messages through SA. I know how to do it on exim, since i have done it on our cpanel and directadmin servers, but how is it done on ISPConfig and Postfix?

4. Jesse Norell

Add the PMG server's ip address(es) to mynetworks. That's the postfix piece, you may still have to configure amavis/rspamd to pass it through as well (either of those is what performs dkim signing, so you can't just disable them without loosing functionality).

5. atle

atle Member HowtoForge Supporter

Thanks Jesse! What I understand, by default amavis i using spamassassin and not rspamd on Ispconfig, or am I wrong here? In case spamassassin is used it is trivial to whitelist the pmg servers with custom SA rules in /etc/mail/spamassassin. In case it is rspamd, I am lost, has not succeeded to be friend with rspamd. Whatever amavis is doing, I can live with (guess only antivirus via clamd, right?)

6. Jesse Norell

That's correct, amavis loads spamassassin .. rspamd is an alternative to those.