Proxy forwarding including full URL string

Discussion in 'General' started by phanky5, Sep 13, 2021.

1. phanky5

phanky5 New Member

I would like to forward all incoming traffic on a domain to localhost:8888 including folder and URL strings. How can I enter a placeholder to pass the full URL string behind localhost:8888 into the ISPConfig3 interface?
    For example, I want domain.com/subfolder to forward to localhost:8888/subfolder

Please see the attached image for explanation.

Attached Files:

2. phanky5

phanky5 New Member

Nobody here got any advice? Did I post in the wrong forum section? I already did a lot of Google research but can't find an answer to my question. Is this possible from the ISPConfig3 GUI?

3. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Well, you will normally only get a fast answer if your question is a normal one or you post in ISPConfig Priority Support board which is meant for subscribed members only.

Other than that, simply be patient and wait. If someone read and has a answer for your question he may post his view in this community forum but, until then, you just have to be patient and wait.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Isn't that the default behavior of a proxy anyway? Did you test if it works as you set it up?

5. phanky5

phanky5 New Member

Thanks for looking into this guys.
    @till it is not the default behavior of the built-in proxy. It only goes to the default index page on localhost. If I want it to show a subfolder I would have to forward to that subfolder like so: localhost:8888/subfolder. I will then be stuck with whatever index page is in that subfolder.

I have tested this with two different applications on localhost. One Java based, one Python based. Same behavior on both.