pure-ftpd

Discussion in 'General' started by =ChAoS=, Aug 24, 2010.

1. =ChAoS=

=ChAoS= New Member

Hi, I installed ispconfig 3 with this tutorial "The Perfect Server - Ubuntu 10.04" on my rented dedicated server. I'm new to ubuntu and linux in general and i thought it would help having a control panel to set up my forum to save editing apache etc myself..

I have also installed a shoutcast server and teamspeak 3 server and alls well ... kinda :rolleyes:

I installed pure-ftpd like the guide said and also jailkit. The thing is only me and my mate whos co renting with me need access to anything and i find it very restricting. Also pure-ftpd as stopped working and i would rather have proftpd installed and no jailkit.

So my question is can i uninstall these without spoiling my set up?

If so can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial showing how so as to minimise my chances of messing things up.

Thanks =ChAoS

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) Jailkit is not related to ftp.
    2) jailkit is not restricting anything if you have not explicitely selected jailkit for a specific ssh account.
    3) pure-ftpd has basically the same functionality then proftpd.
    4) proftpd is not supported and can not be used on a ispconfig 3 server. It also makes no sense to switch to proftpd as the functionality would be exactly the same then with pure-ftpd.