pureFTPD with MySQL + ISPConfig3

Discussion in 'General' started by puya4ever, May 20, 2010.

1. puya4ever

puya4ever New Member

Hi to everyone . Anyone can help me to config both of this programs ? I know ISPConfig3 works with pure-ftpd but I have some problems with this client, so I need to use proftpd . Anyone can made a sync between them ? I have proFTPd with MySQL , so the users are saved in database, I just need to insert there all values created from ISPConfig .

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Instead of using a unsupported FTP daemon, better describe the problems that you have with pure-ftpd.

3. puya4ever

puya4ever New Member

the problem with pure-ftpd is I can't install and do it works fine... I have receiver some strange errors , but nevermind, I try to install it again. Can you give me a guide how to config that, and after to be active in this thread 'coz I'll came back with some questions, please?

Thanks.

Code:
    Starting ftp server: Running: /usr/sbin/pure-ftpd-virtualchroot -l puredb:/etc/pure-ftpd/pureftpd.pdb -A -u 1000 -S ,21 -P 82.79.111.78 -H -E -b -p 4500:4600 -O clf:/var/log/pure-ftpd/transfer.log -B
    invoke-rc.d: initscript pure-ftpd, action "start" failed.
    dpkg: error processing pure-ftpd (--configure):
     subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 252
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     pure-ftpd
    it wont start...

4. till

Pure-ftpd has to be installed before you install ispconfig. The ispconfig installer then configures pure-ftpd. To install puzre-ftpd, please follow exactly the ispconfig 3 perfect server guide for the linux distribution that you use. The guides are listed on the ispconfig.org documenatation page.

5. puya4ever

puya4ever New Member

and isn't a way to make it works if I installed after ISPConfig ?

edit: if yes, can you give me a link with the tutorial guide?

6. till

You can run a manual update on ispconfig and choose to reconfigure all services.

Which Linux distribution do you use?

7. puya4ever

puya4ever New Member

I use debian 5 lenny . Can you explain me how to run a manual update of ispconfig ? and all steps which I need to do to make it to work ?

8. till

9. puya4ever

puya4ever New Member

I have latest version of ISPConfig and I can't find release notes to update configuration to ISPConfig . Can you help me ...?

10. till

May you please try to use the search function first before you ask. The release notes are the sticky topic in this forum and also available on ISPConfig.org!

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44277

All you need to know to run a manual update is described there.

11. puya4ever

puya4ever New Member

ok...I've done with installation of pure-ftpd , I followed the guide from "The Perfect Server" but... something are still wrong . ISPConfig3 server cannot detect the pure-ftpd .

When I try /etc/init.d/pure-ftpd-mysql start I receiver:
    Code:
    -bash: /etc/init.d/pure-ftpd-mysql: No such file or directory
    When execute apt-get install pure-ftpd-mysql I receiver:
    Code:
    pure-ftpd-mysql is already the newest version.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 14 not upgraded.
    When I execute /etc/init.d/pure-ftpd restart , it works . Please help me.

edit: that's all run on a virtual machine !

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  12. autogun

autogun New Member