purpose of mailsize.rc

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by cstone, Oct 1, 2005.

1. cstone

cstone New Member

What's the purpose of the mailsize.rc file? I have postfix successfully delivering messages for hosted domains, but for each message admispconfig@localhost gets an email with the size of the message. I see this is because of the .mailsize.rc file that gets put in each new user's home directory. And I see that appears to be done by ispconfig since the 'template' files for this are in /root/ispconfig/isp/conf.

Why is that and how can it be prevented? (don't really want an email for each received email on the system telling me the size of the message....)

Thx

Chris

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

The purpose is to measure the size of incoming mails for the traffic statistics in ISPConfig. The mails to admispconfig contain the size in bytes of each incoming email.
    If you don't want this to happen, then comment out the .mailsize.rc line in /root/ispconfig/isp/conf/procmailrc.master:

Code:
    {MAILDIR_COMMENT}MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir/
    {MAILDIR_COMMENT}DEFAULT=$MAILDIR
    {QUOTA}
    #INCLUDERC={PMDIR}/.mailsize.rc
    INCLUDERC={PMDIR}/.quota.rc
    {ANTIVIRUS_COMMENT}INCLUDERC={PMDIR}/.antivirus.rc
    {MAILSCAN_COMMENT}INCLUDERC={PMDIR}/.local-rules.rc
    {MAILSCAN_COMMENT}INCLUDERC={PMDIR}/.html-trap.rc
    {SPAMASSASSIN_COMMENT}INCLUDERC={PMDIR}/.spamassassin.rc
    {AUTORESPONDER_COMMENT}INCLUDERC={PMDIR}/.autoresponder.rc

3. cstone

cstone New Member

Ok, understand the purpose then, but I have admispconfig aliased to me in the /etc/aliases file - guess I need to remove that then, right? And then where would the messages go to - presumably for the traffic counting purposes??

Thanks..

Chris

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Yes, you have to remove the alias.
    The messages go to /home/admispconfig/mailstats.