Pydio tutorial no longer works for new versions

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by FX2LTD, Mar 30, 2021.

Tags:
  1. FX2LTD

FX2LTD New Member

Hi,
    I needed a webftp and I looked at the Pydio tutorial on https://www.howtoforge.com/using-pydio-in-an-ispconfig-3-multiserver-installation
    Unfortunately it is no longer working for the new versions.
    I followed it to the letter, and the installation fails because MCrypt is no longer installed and the versions in the download link is outdated.
    The new versions are a completely different thing (the archives only contain two files and the product is just a whole new different thing).
    Any good soul who is interested it making a new guide, please?
    I am not skilled enough to get the new Pydio into ISPConfig.
    Thanks in advance

2. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

you won't get a new guide anytime soon, they've completely changed the pydio architecture, and it's coded in a different language now as well, and also runs in it's own webserver, so will need it's own port(s).

and to allow ftp access, you may need the enterprise version, or the cells flow, a paid for add-on for the paid for versions of pydio.
    it looks like the open-source version only allows access to one set directory, so it simply may not be possible to get it to work as a webftp interface.

you may need to look at alternative software, if you search for webftp on here you should find several discussions about other options.