python access not working?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by DrMartinus, Jan 8, 2021.

1. DrMartinus

DrMartinus Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,

I installed python2 and python3 on my CentOS server, and enabled it in ISPConfig both for the client and for the website. I can access it via SSH with no problems, but my client can't. He gets the response
    Code:
    command not found

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you add python to the jailkit applications list under System -> Server config -> server1.example.com -> Jailkit?

3. DrMartinus

No, I didn't. There are three different fields, I put it in "Jailkit chroot app sections". Is that the correct place?

4. DrMartinus

I just received the information, that the client still can't access python. What do I have to do in order to make that change applicable to him? I also don't see it in his /bin.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

These settings apply only to new jails. You can e.g. use the jk_cp command from jailkit to copy software into a jail.

6. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

With 3.2 the jails will get updated when you change the settings in either Server Config (affects all jails) or the individual website options (affects only that site). If you have a lot of jails this can take a bit to complete, as they are done in small batches to avoid overloading the server. If you want to kick one site to the front of the queue, I think you can copy the Server Config setting into the website Options setting and hit save (which will queue an immediate update), then take it out again afterwards to return to the server settings.

7. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

To use a jailkit section, you would need to edit /etc/jaillkit/jk_init.ini and add the corresponding section there, eg. [python] or whatever you call it (be sure to save your final changes in a conf-custom template so they aren't overwritten in future updates). If you want to just add a few files/directories you can add those to "Jailkit chrooted applications".