Q: IP Addr Change & DNS

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by macguru, Oct 15, 2020.

1. macguru

macguru Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi !

We are moving to another ISP and our external IP linked to several our our domains (mycompany1.com, mycompany2.com, etc.) also change. So far I found these records in ISPConfig 3 referring to our old IP:
    System -> Server IP addresses
    DNS -> DNS Zone -> Records -> PTR + A + TXT

Do I need to change anything else apart from these records?
    ISPConfig runs as KVM VM under oVirt, connected to DMZ zone IP 192.168.1.xx

Thanks in advance.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That should be all that needs to be changed.

3. macguru

OK, great, thanks. For future versions, may you consider global search in ISPConfig database records? Right now search by IP in search box yields nothing. Not critical or urgent but just handy.

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

This can be done with PHPMyAdmin.
    On the occasions when I have needed to do that, the cases have been esoteric so I doubt it would be worthwile to include this functionality in ISPConfig panel. Plus with PHPMyAdmin and SQL queries complicated changes can be accomplished.

5. macguru

I have replaced IP in all fields listed in my first post, yet in DNS -> DNS-Zones -> Column "Zone" -> xx.yy.zz.in-addr-arpa still shows old IP. PTR record have been updated with new IP. I did resync DNS services but this record still not updated. How to fix this?
    Thanks

6. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

That is the name, or origin, of the zone, it is the 'origin' column in the 'dns_soa' table. There probably aren't many of those, so you could just change them manually (add the new in-addr.arpa name as a domain first if you use domain control, then select that from the select list when you edit zone settings); if you want to change it directly in the database, update the dns_soa.origin column (and also the corresponding entry in the 'domain' table if you use domain control) and resync dns zones to generate the new in-addr.arpa zone files (you'll have to clean the old ones up manually, though it doesn't hurt anything for the old files to sit there, unreferenced).