Qs About ISPConfig 3

Discussion in 'General' started by kendel, Aug 24, 2010.

1. kendel

kendel New Member

I have been reading on it about what it supports etc...
    I was wondering, this is what I have currently in place:
    Node1: Apache2, PHP, phpMyadmin, Squirrel Mail (Webmin)
    Node2: MySQL Server (Webmin)
    Node3: Mail Server (Postfix MTA, Dovecot) (Webmin)
    Node4: Samba File Server (Webmin)

All the servers have webmin installed for cluster management

Should ISPConfig 3 be installed on all the Nodes?
    Should it only be installed on the Apache node and has features to add the other servers and determine what type of servers they are?

(I had a problem with EHCP, where when I added my MySQL server it kept saying my server was down, but webmin said it was ok.)

2. damir

damir New Member

ISPConfig can be installed in multi server env. Everything you need can be done.

You need to follow the guides for perfect install on your distribution. You can't have any other controlpanel software installed on the system beacuse ISPConfig3 needs to reconfigure files for it's own functionality.

For installing ISPConfig in multi server install, follow this guide:

http://www.howtoforge.org/installin...tabase-servers-on-debian-5.0-with-ispconfig-3

3. kendel

kendel New Member

O wow so no webmin then....I saw that guide and I saw another one that installed webmin....

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is defiantely no official guide for ispconfig 3 that installs webmin as webmin and ispconfig shall never be installed together. All official tutorials that has been teted and are known to work are linked on ispconfig.org.

5. kendel

kendel New Member

Finally got it working...curious but how do I perform cluster jobs without webmin lol...omg I'm thinking manually...

6. till

7. kendel

kendel New Member

Sorry what I meant to say was scheduling cron jobs like virus scan etc...:)

I am getting this warning off my web server... something about clamav... I am not sure what it means.
    [​IMG]
    It is saying I need updates..but I did them and everything says its up to date...

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  8. till

If you use ispconfig, then you create the cronjobs for all website users in ispconfig.

You have to wait some time as this status gets updated only every few hours as we can not query the software repositorys of the debian project once per minute.

9. kendel

kendel New Member

This way I'm not spamming post so I will keep posting my questions here..
    I been following:
    http://www.howtoforge.com/installin...tabase-servers-on-debian-5.0-with-ispconfig-3

And I am about 65% done, I got web, mysql, email working (I think lol)...
    But i noticed a step from earlier that installed FTP on the webserver.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PureFTPd and quota can be installed with the following command:

apt-get -y install pure-ftpd-common pure-ftpd-mysql quota quotatool
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I read ahead to see if I was suppose to confure it later or not, but no steps were included for that one... I wonder if the author forgot about it....

10. till

The ispconfig installer configures the FTP daemon when ispconfig gets installed.

11. kendel

kendel New Member

Yes I realized after some back tracking....this is cool....guess I need to get to a100% done then try to find something to ask questions about..lol :D

12. kendel

kendel New Member

I just thought about something.... Do I need to add my nameservers in the vi /etc/resolv.conf

ex:
    search tm.local
    nameserver 192.168.0.100

------------------------------------------------------------------------

13. kendel

kendel New Member

This where I am currently... 3 Servers up and running....I will get the last 2 done soon....(mail and ns2)

[​IMG]

2 Questions:
    If I make a website now that needs and email but not email server attached yet...when I finally add the email server, will it sych up with the other servers?

Same for DNS server 2... will that automatically sycn with the same configs as DNS 1?

Also about the question from earlier...what about the nameserver configuration should I change that as well..

vi /etc/resolv.conf

search tm.local (what goes here?)
    nameserver "ip"

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  14. till

If you dont have a email server yet, then you can not have email accounts until you add a email server. Email services and websites are completely independant in ispconfig 3, so there is nothing to sync.

No. Only new or edited dns records will get synced.

You can add it there as an additional nameserver and leave the current linesa s they are.

15. kendel

kendel New Member

So I noticed something during the web server installation of phpmyadmin...something that wasn't covered in the guide..
    It asks the location of the database....but because I had not installed a DB server at the time I set it to Localhost....(Socket option).... but my question is now that I have the DB server installed do I have to go back to phpmyadmin and reconfigure to the address of the db server or does ISP config handle that because I set each server to a specific funtion....

Same question goes for file server... I plan to add that later on down the line.... as of right now the webserver is set as apache and file server..... If I was to add a file server down the line and change that option... what would be the outcome...

Also I cannot find a guide to make a ISPConfig fileserver... I assume its the same set of steps but with Samba installed...

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  16. kendel

kendel New Member

Errors installing mail server

ldconfig deferred processing now taking place
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    dovecot-common
    dovecot-imapd
    dovecot-pop3d
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

17. till

ISPConfig is not configuring phpmyadmin, you will have to do this manually.

ISPConfig is no samba fileserver. ISPConfig supports access to the website files with http and FTP and starting with 3.0.3 it will also support webdav.

18. kendel

kendel New Member

I have completed the multisetup guide with ISPConfig 3.... But How to you get to the mail server... There was no client install during the guide..

19. till

The guide contains the instructions to install the mail applications that are needed for ispconfig plus ispconfig itself on the mailserver. So now just login to ispconfig on the master server and add email domains and mailboxes in the email module. Thats all.

20. kendel

kendel New Member

I did it, and when I check the location of th mail server, the folders did indeed get created... how do I access them? can I install squirrel mail on the mail server?

*Edited*
    Think I am about ready to give up, I forwarded my domain name to my dns 2 days ago and it still does work....
    I added my External IP to dyndns glue records and have port forwarded my router to the Internal IP of my server...
    I created the DNS records using the Default template in ISPConfig 3and created both the website and FTP user (the ftp is the only thing that works).

I still cannot get to my site.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010