question about mail setup

Discussion in 'General' started by cruz, Oct 3, 2007.

1. cruz

cruz New Member

I have a question about the mail. I setup the perfect setup Debian. I create a account for a web site. I create some mail accounts. should they be able to send and receive mail BEFORE I install the websites script? Or is there a record that needs to be updated from were I have my domain registered to? I guess DNS takes care of that right? Thanks

2. catdude

catdude New Member

If the authoritative DNS records for your domain are pointing to your ISPConfig server, and if you have properly created the client record and the site (which you apparently have done if you've created mail accounts), then I would think your users ought to be ready to send a receive e-mail. You can test this by making telnet connections to your ISPConfig server; telnet to port 25 to send an e-mail to a user by speaking SMTP, look in the mail log to see if it was handled properly, look in the user's Maildir/new to see if got delivered. Then telnet to port 110 to verify POP operation. If user e-mail incoming process works, you could then telnet to port 25 and verify outgoing SMTP for user e-mail.

3. cruz

cruz New Member

mail setup

I don't understand how to telnet, but I did go into the records and there is a A record, MX record, SPF record. Then I sent a email to my hotmail account. Then I set one from my hotmail account to the mail server email account i created. I received nothing from ether email account. I went to the mail log and found this.
    HTML:
    Oct  3 14:54:59 server1 postfix/smtpd[8615]: warning: cannot get private key from file /etc/postfix/ssl/smtpd.key
    Oct  3 14:54:59 server1 postfix/smtpd[8615]: warning: TLS library problem: 8615:error:0906406D:PEM routines:PEM_def_callback:problems getting password:pem_lib.c:105:
    Oct  3 14:54:59 server1 postfix/smtpd[8615]: warning: TLS library problem: 8615:error:0906A068:PEM routines:PEM_do_header:bad password read:pem_lib.c:403:
    Oct  3 14:54:59 server1 postfix/smtpd[8615]: warning: TLS library problem: 8615:error:140B0009:SSL routines:SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file:PEM lib:ssl_rsa.c:669:
    Oct  3 14:54:59 server1 postfix/smtpd[8615]: cannot load RSA certificate and key data
    Oct  3 14:54:59 server1 postfix/smtpd[8615]: connect from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
    Oct  3 14:56:15 server1 postfix/smtpd[8615]: disconnect from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
    Oct  3 14:56:45 server1 authdaemond: modules="authpam", daemons=5
    Oct  3 14:56:45 server1 authdaemond: Installing libauthpam
    Oct  3 14:56:45 server1 authdaemond: Installation complete: authpam

Is there a way of regenerating this library or do I have to reinstall the server? I used mail forward before I got this static Ip and forwarded the mail through my ISP and it worked. Now I am having a hard time getting this mail working using this static IP. I checked the black list and I am not on it. I hope this helps.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please redo the postfix installation steps from the perfect setup guide. Also make sure, that you have the maildir checkbox enabled in ISPConfig under management > server > settings.