Question about Perfect Debian Setup Tutorial

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by Been Told, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Been Told

Been Told Member

Hi there. :)
    In the tutorial - in the beginning of it - it is said that the hostname used in the tutorial is server1.
    So I used it during the installation process and everything is working fine (with IPSconfig too). However, when I run one of my domains through a DNSStuff check, it gives me a warning, that the mailserver for mail.domain2.com has a non-existant server1.domain1.com answering which could cause problems with e-Mail delivery.

I'm not sure if my description of the problem is exhaustive enough. So if it's not, please tell me what other information is needed.

My setup would be:
    Server hostname: server1.domain1.com
    The domain name being checked by DNSStuff: domain2.com

As for nameservers I'm using the ones provided by my server provider and that works perfectly.
    I will probably want to create a primary nameserver with ISPconfig, but not just now.

Also: When I try to create a site in ISPconfig with the domain server1.domain1.de (thinking that that will take care of the warning about a non-existant server), ISPconfig tells me, that a server with that address already exists. I did not creat it though.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Please create an A record for server1.domain1.com.