Question about web_id field

Discussion in 'General' started by rolandpish, Jul 31, 2007.

1. rolandpish

rolandpish New Member

Hi there; first of all, thanks to the developers of this excellent hosting control panel.

I've been reading several threads on this forum about changing the default webid (web1, web2, etc) auto-generated when adding a ISP Site to a more friendly name.
    I read that changing large parts of the source code is required to achieve this, but I don't want to change the source code and mess everything.

That's why I would like to ask if it is possible to change the webid directly on the ispconfig database once a ISP Site has been created. For example, after web1 has been created -> go to the database -> change web_id from web1 to webtest -> change the name of the folder on /var/www/web1 to /var/www/webtest (change the corresponding symbolic link too).

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

2. 3cwired_com

3cwired_com New Member

I am not sure if i understand you correctly, but if you login to ISPConfig, and goto to the management tab, then from there click on system config >--> settings, and then ispmanager tab, there is an option there for the prefix, is that what you were asking about?

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Why do you want to do this? ISPConfig already creates symlinks with the name of the domain pointing to the correct location, so it looks exactly like what you want to achieve.

You can not change the ID of a website even without a lot of programming as the ID must be numeric and automatically incremented by the database.

4. rolandpish

rolandpish New Member

Ok, I see. Thanks a lot for your replies.

What I wanted to do is to change the default generated webid (web1, web2, web3, etc) for a friendlier name.
    For instance, if I created a ISP Site with a domain called: rolandpish.com I wanted the webid to be: rolp, in order to have the user prefix like: rolp_roland, rolp_mark instead of web1_roland, web1_mark, etc.

I thought replacing web1 with rolp directly on the database (after the ISP Site is created) could do the trick, but I prefer to answer before messing things up. I don't want to modify the source code either.

Regards

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  5. rolandpish

rolandpish New Member

Sorry, a typo in the last post, the line:
    "I prefer to answer before messing things up"
    must be read:
    "I prefer to ask before messing things up"

Is it possible the trick I mentioned in my last post?

Thanks again

Best Regards

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, please see my post above:

7. rolandpish

rolandpish New Member

Oh, sorry, I didn't pay attention to that.

Thanks for your reply and thanks for this excellent control panel!

Best Regards