question in regards to web server

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by cruz, Apr 25, 2007.

1. cruz

cruz New Member

What lamp install is the most stable and reliable here in the HOWTOs. Please only people that use there box for running a production server. I am planing on running a php dating script on this server I am building. I guess it would be an application. I had it installed once before, but the mail did not work correctly. I'm new to a lot of the concepts, but I am learning. I just have to know how things work. So I can figure out what is causing the trouble, but it is slow going in the understanding dept. Thank you for the many people that add to making this site a great one. Cruz
    P.S. I have learned so much.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

All the perfect setup guides are stable and can be used in a production enviroment. Which one you use is mostly a personal preference.

My personal favorite is Debian.

3. cruz

cruz New Member

why debian

What is the diff with debian? It seems when I am setting the mail up in centos 5, I am getting errors when entering the phrase. I know I am entering it correct BOTH times. Then I will re-enter the command in the shell and re-enter the same phrase and it will works fine. Is there a way to set up two servers for redundancy. If so, how can it be done? thnx

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The difference with debian is that it uses the apt package system which allows very easy distribution upgrades and software installation and updates.

5. cruz

cruz New Member

Yum

Dose not yum do the same or dose it work another way?

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

From my experience, yum is not as reliable as apt and much slower.