question on rainloop webmail - and the ispconfig plugin.

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by craig baker, Oct 17, 2020.

1. craig baker

craig baker Member HowtoForge Supporter

I've installed rainloop seems far superior to roundcube making minor changes to the roundcubemail install procedure.
    its up and going fine!
    I've downloaded and enabled the ispconfig change user password plugin... and it needs the mysql access command and a user that can access dbispconfig and change the mail_user password entry for the specified user.
    the plugin info is:
    Plugin "ispconfig-change-password"
    ISPConfig PDO dsn: mysql:host=127.0.0.1;dbname=dbispconfig
    DB User rainloop
    DB Password rainlooppassword
    Allowed emails: *

now I added a remote user 'rainloop' but its not working. I guess it cant access dbispconfig itself to alter things? is a remote user what I need to add? or do I need to create a user in mysql and give it access to dbispconfig outside of ispconfig?
    I'm a bit leery of allowing something access to dbispconfig - and I've make a copy just in case :)
    thanks
    cdb.
    ps see? nice thread title not at ALL disturbing!

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thanks for this lovely title Craig ;)

I don't use rainloop myself, and I can't find the plugin you're referring to, but I suspect you need to add a remote user indeed. You can do this under System -> Remote Users.

3. craig baker

craig baker Member HowtoForge Supporter

thats what I did but it seems not to work. would a remote user have full access to the dbispconfig database?

4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Have you given it the correct rights? can you share a link to the plugin?

5. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

PDO, which you posted above, uses a database connection, not a remote API user. The roundcube plugins use a remote user, though I have no idea about rainloop.

6. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

A remote user has what rights you assign it, so not the full database, but at least anything to do with email.