Question`s of ispConfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by rexxo, Nov 13, 2016.

1. rexxo

rexxo New Member

Hello,I have a few questions about ispConfig and hope you can help me :)

1. When I create a reseller / customer I can choose between Master Template (Custom) + and Advanced Template (Test)
    - 1a) What is the Master Template and the Extended Template?
    - 1b) Can I delete the template completely or change the name, if so, where do I do it?
    - 1c) Where do I put these templates?

2. What do the customer templates Main Template + Additional Template mean?
    - 2a) Can I delete or rename this?
    - 2b) When do I use Main Template and when Additional Template?

3. If I create a reseller or customer via the admin area, I find the menu point Virtualization Limits
    - 3a) Can I completely hide this area for reseller + customers?

4. Is there a kind of application initiator for ispConfig? On button press eg an installation of Joomla, Drupal or similar? If so, where do I find that?

5. If I create a customer via the admin or reseller a question about domains.
    5a) Through the Admin or Reseller I can not assign the domain domain. Can only the customer himself create the domains? Is it also possible that only the admin or reseller for the customer can

Would be glad if someone could answer the questions.

Nice Sunday and thank you in advance.

Rexxo

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I'd guess those are the names of 2 limit templates you have defined. You can create/delete/alter them under Clients > Limit-Templates.

You can assign one main template to a client, and as many additional templates as you wish, and the settings in additional templates are mathematically added to the main template. So eg. if your main template specifies 5GB disk quota, you could have an "extra 10GB quota" add-on template with 10GB set in it (and 0 for most other limits), then assign a client the main template and add 2 "extra 10GB quota" templates, for a total of 25GB.

Yes, you can change what is set for existing users under System > CP Users, and what is pre-selected for new users by editing /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/config.inc.php (change $conf['modules_available']).

Sites > APS Installer

Under System > Main Config > Domains there's a checkbox which enables domain control mode (I think that's what it's called, iirc) - if that is on, then the admin or reseller must add a Domain for the customer (Clients > Domains) before they have any available to them; if it's off, I think there's simply a text field they can type any domain in to. The admin or reseller can edit a client's website/email/dns and select/change the domain just like a client can (although if you do so as a reseller/admin and save it, you just initiated "client protection mode" and the client will no longer be able to edit it themselves, see https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/issues/4048 ).

There's a manual available which covers things like this, you might consider getting a copy: http://www.ispconfig.org/documentation/