[Question] Server Monitoring With munin And monit On CentOS 5.2

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by staticanime, Dec 1, 2008.

1. staticanime

staticanime New Member

Is it possible to moniter multiple sites with this? I have 5 vhosts on my CentOS 5.2 server, and I'd like to moniter each sites stats seperatly.

Also, is there a webmin module for this? My whole system is maintained via webmin, so I'd like to be able to check sysytem stats from Webmin

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Do you mean multiple servers? Yes, this is possible. This guide should give you the idea: http://www.howtoforge.com/monitoring-multiple-systems-with-munin-debian-etch

To be honest, I don't know...

3. staticanime

staticanime New Member

I have 5 websites on one single server, they're each in different vhosts, with the same IP for all.

I'd like to be able to make stats for each with munin, and keep them separate.
    For example, going to example.com/stats would give stats for example.com, and test.example.com/stats would give stats for test.example.com

Would I be able to follow the tutorial you left a link to to a degree to acheive this?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

With munin, you can monitor whole servers. Since your websites are all on the same server, you jst need to monitor that server.

I don't know if there's a munin plugin that lets you monitor single websites (uptime, traffic, etc.).