Questions about Mysql cluster

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by pakogah, Aug 3, 2009.

1. pakogah

pakogah New Member

I have read How to setup mysql cluster on http://www.howtoforge.com/loadbalanced_mysql_cluster_debian

and I am thinking to setup mysql cluster for my system, but there are 2 questions that bugging me:

1. how to export/import data from standalone mysql server? yes I know, I can use mysqldump to export queries then ran the sql queries on to mysql cluster. but that took times. especially if I have 2GB datafile (*.myd). is there any faster and simpler way to migrate my data into mysql cluster?

2. can I easily expand / decrease the number of nodes? I know it should be do able. but I haven't found any article how add new node or removing node. any hint/url will be appreciate

thanks b4

2. Mark_NL

Mark_NL Member

1. MyISAM databases can be copied binary, you don't need a mysqldump for that (it's not really recommended, but it is possible, i've done it multiple times without any problems)

2. no idea, no clustering experience

3. pakogah

pakogah New Member

yes, all my databases on (standalone) mysql server is using myisam.
    but are you sure that clustered mysql server also use myisam storage engine and not other storage engine? what I have read, it's using ndb
    ________
    Dodge Demon Concept History

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  4. Mark_NL

Mark_NL Member

Well, when in doubt, just do it like they say in manuals etc and just spend the extra time on it. :p