Questions fro Apache

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by arni, Aug 31, 2006.

1. arni

arni New Member

Hallo to everyone..

I have a question about redirecting a user to another place, but before i would like to point this:

I have two network cards in a linux box, the first is connected to the internet and the second acts as a DHCP server. Everything goes well up to now. I installed the VMware server and i think this made the messup...

My internet card is 192.168.0.100 and the DHCP server card is 192.168.5.1. I have two clents for test and they take ip allright and the routing works fine.

Until I have installed the VMware server (I think it was after this, i am not sure though, the vmware plays perfectly by the way) when i was punching on a client the address 192.168.5.1. i was arriving at the /srv/www/index.html page. Fine up to here...

Now when i punch this address, i have a "access forbidden" message. Whatever i have tried through Yast, does not seem to bring the system back. I have no special configuration at Yast, just the defaults..

My aim is to redirect the clients to a homepage (preferable the one of /srv/www/index.htm or at a valid url http://www.something.com or whatever) but as soon as they are plugged in the routing box and start their browser.

Short version: Is ther esomething i can do from the HTTP server in my linux box so that when a client plugs in and clicks his browser to arrive to a certain homepage regardless of the default homepage of his browser?

I am sure it exists or it is some small adjustment, but i am quite new to this..
    Thanks

Arni

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I think this is the normal behaviour on SuSE. What's the output of
    Code:
    ls -la /srv/www
    ?