Questions on DNS AN NS

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Karnith, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Karnith

Karnith New Member

HI,

I have searching this forum for a few days now and I have a few questions on ISPConfig 3.0.0.8 RC1.

First I have created a VM machine on a server I use for hosting and the install went fine. I am using the Debian Etch distro with named based vhosts.

Questions:

1. I can access a site I created by either www.domain.com or domain.com depending on how I set up the Site domain and the dns records. I can't seem to get both, not even with cname. One or the other (depending on how I set it up) point to my servers default apache2-default folder. How would be the correct way to get both non-www and www working correctly.

2. i have been looking at the NS tutorials and wanted to know if I need 2 ISPConfig servers to be NS or can I use my ISPConfig server as a NS1 or 2 and my godaddy NS as NS2 or 1? Would this cause any problems.

3. How are packages installed on ISPConfig 3 as the update manager does not seem to be finished.

4. What are the Repositories and packages areas used for under Software on the systems menu? Does repositories mean I coould have things like Joomla and other software as choices for install to the customer?

Thanks,

Matthew

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) Add a domain alias.
    2) Thats depends on your domain registry and is not ispconfig specific.
    3) There are no packages for ISPConfig 3.
    4) See 3)

3. Karnith

Karnith New Member

Thanks,

that worked for resolving the vhost issue.