Quick question: Updater script for ISPconfig 3

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by bl4ckb1rd, Feb 19, 2009.

1. bl4ckb1rd

bl4ckb1rd New Member

Hello,

i'll give you quick question. i noticed there is an updater script included with ispconfig 3, so i had to run it :) the thing is, autoupdater asked me if he should reconfigure services, but i made quite some changes to them so far, so i said no. System is working fine and there are no errors, but... in next update, should i tick yes ? What does this actually do ? Does it backup your old config files that it modified etc... ? that would be best solution not to break something up...

Also i'd like to ask where to see what updates are availiable for my ISPconfig, and going to be installed when i start this autoupdater script ?

And for final, is ISPconfig 3 RC 2 gonna be auto-upgradeable to 3.1 stable ?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you changes the setup, you should choose to not reconfigure services. But it might happen of course that your current setup is not compatible with the newer ispconfig version then of course, so that services or functions fail after the update until you modified your setup manually.

If we release a new version, we publish that on ispconfig.org. For details of the changes, take a look at the svn repository.

Sure, as every version we released till now for ispconfig 3.